Trainer Road & Training Books etc...

Bullet1
Bullet1 Posts: 161
So, just finished my last big ride of the season and according to feeling and Strava form I'm now in the best shape I've ever been!

This year instead of going out once a month from now until January/February, I'm going to try to maintain (or not lose too much) my fitness over the winter and kick on and ramp it up in the new year.

Decent turbo trainer is now on order, and planning on signing up to Trainer Road when it arrives in a couple of weeks. I assume Trainer Road is the way forward?

In the meantime are there any training books out there which would supplement the Trainer Road programme? I've currently go the Triathletes Training Bible by Joe Freil which I really enjoyed - is the Cyclists Training Bible much different - any other books you could recommend?

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    So, just finished my last big ride of the season and according to feeling and Strava form I'm now in the best shape I've ever been!

This year instead of going out once a month from now until January/February, I'm going to try to maintain (or not lose too much) my fitness over the winter and kick on and ramp it up in the new year.

Decent turbo trainer is now on order, and planning on signing up to Trainer Road when it arrives in a couple of weeks. I assume Trainer Road is the way forward?

In the meantime are there any training books out there which would supplement the Trainer Road programme? I've currently go the Triathletes Training Bible by Joe Freil which I really enjoyed - is the Cyclists Training Bible much different - any other books you could recommend?

There are training plans on Trainer Road.

Check out the Time Crunched Training Plan by Carmichael too.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach