Condor Fratello Disc Custom

2»

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    He may have a point about the cable lengths but otherwise it looks good to me...
  • styxd wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    As I said t w a t

:-D don't worry, once you've grown up I imagine you'll be able to put together something aesthetically pleasing
    This is very funny. Cheered me up quite a bit. :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • styxd wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    Although judging by the single bottle cage, the shops is probably as far as it gets ridden.

I have ridden Paris-Roubaix, Etape du Dales, RVV and many others on one bottle... there are feeding zones, there are shops, service stations and if you ride abroad even public fountains, no need to be a camel, otherwise a camelback is the better solution.

I will fit two for the Fred Whitton, as it only has two feeding zones over an 8 hours ride, but otherwise I never needed two...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    edited February 2016
    I'm more than a little nervous posting this here given some of the comments upthread, but here goes.

2016-02-28%2012.04.48%20HDR.jpg?raw=1
    2016-02-28%2012.04.20.jpg?raw=1
    2016-02-28%2012.04.55.jpg?raw=1

ETA: I'm having issues embedding the images, so you can see them below https://www.dropbox.com/s/3354uuzxg5h888f/2016-02-28%2012.04.48%20HDR.jpg?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/97zl1t5c6iujot2/2016-02-28%2012.04.20.jpg and
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mce4nz2k8mb1ns/2016-02-28%2012.04.55.jpg?dl=0

Frame: Condor Fratello Disc
    Groupset: Campagnolo Athena
    Brakes: TRP HY/RD
    Bars: Deda RHM
    Stem: Deda Zero1
    Bar Tape: Specialized S Wrap cork

Seat: Brooks Cambium C17
    Seat Post: Condor Strada Alloy

Pedals: Shimano PD-A530

Wheels: Mavic Aksium One Disc
    Tires: Continental Grand Prix
  • bobmcstuff
    Looks nice - is that a stock colour?

I'm liking the new fratellos, can't tell if it's just me but the top tubes look narrower in the new tubing than on my Dedacciai fratello.

Might have preferred a Deda post to match the bars/stem but that's the only negative thing I have to say! Want a Cambium for mine.
  • Thanks, it's the Rock Shox Blue, so a custom colour for the Fratello Disc, or at least was when I bought it late last year.

BTW can you actually see the images? I can't at my end, seems to be a Dropbox issue...
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Hey it looks great. Don't worry about the critics. How well do the TRPs work with Campag?
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Looks nice - is that a stock colour?

I'm liking the new fratellos, can't tell if it's just me but the top tubes look narrower in the new tubing than on my Dedacciai fratello.

Might have preferred a Deda post to match the bars/stem but that's the only negative thing I have to say! Want a Cambium for mine.

The top tube is oval on the new ones rather than the tall triangular shape of the older ones. Looks really nice I think.

Rode my (2011) Fratello over the weekend for the first time in nearly 18 months. Bloody enjoyable bike for sure!
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    The blue is nice! I have a standard purple one but it is wonderful! My wife has a 650c one in red and the colour is superb.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Thigh_burn
    @solboy, so far they seem to work great, although I have to say I'm still in the bedding in stage and I haven't ridden on a bad weather day. I'm conscious they look clunky, so as and when Campag get their disc brake out, I can see a swap.

Looking at the Condor website, it seems that they've rolled out Paris Green as a new stock colour for the Fratello Disc.
  • bobmcstuff
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    BTW can you actually see the images? I can't at my end, seems to be a Dropbox issue...

I couldn't see them in the post no, was quoting the post and copying the url into my browser.

Works now though :)
  • bmxboy10
    Quick update after a few fit changes and new 32mm tyres - cheers UGO!

After I calmed down I realised the cables were too long so did trim them down. I think the bike now looks and rides much better and I love it again now!

IMG_2410_zps1h2gyxdv.jpg

IMG_2412_zpsc6svhrcq.jpg

IMG_2411_zpste8xhrty.jpg
    IMG_2415_zpsrrgulaat.jpg
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    they are nice tyres, last many thousands, you'll get bored of them before they wear out, I bet! :-)
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    they are nice tyres, last many thousands, you'll get bored of them before they wear out, I bet! :-)
    Nah - no more dosh on bikes im done! :oops:
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    yeh, looks loads better. Needs the rim logos removing I reckon. Bit of acetone should do it.
  • bmxboy10
    First ride out on the 32 mm Panaracers - wow amazing tyres!
  • bmxboy10
    styxd wrote:
    yeh, looks loads better. Needs the rim logos removing I reckon. Bit of acetone should do it.
    This is my job for the weekend :roll:
  • Thigh_burn
    @solboy I'm interested to hear why you changed the tires - did you change the wheels as well? Which Pro Lite's have you got on there?
  • bmxboy10
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    @solboy I'm interested to hear why you changed the tires - did you change the wheels as well? Which Pro Lite's have you got on there?

Hi The Pro Lite Revo Disc wheels are a £350 wheel set that can be had for £159 on wiggle (see other thread ref £400 disc wheelset). The Pro Lites are 1650g and have a high spoke count so are much nicer than the Mavics I had initially plus the bike rides better as a result. This has been further improved as the Panaracers are excellent and the 32mm width has made no negative difference to performance or weight. The Panaracers ride better and give more confidence in the corners than the 25mm tyres I have tried before. The also look much nicer :D