Power readings online analysis websites

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
Morning,

I have had an email saying my Powertap P1s are on the way!!! :D

I have been reading up on Power meters, how best to use the data and the analysis needed, but i was looking for opinions on the best online training analysis sites or programs.

Up to this point i have only ever used Garmin Connect but i have read that it isn't great for allowing any real analysis of power data.

This is my first venture in to power so will be a steep learning curve, but the reading i have done has already enlightened me. Still, i would ideally like a site which is simple yet informative.
So what have you found to be the best analysis sites/programs? I don't mind paying for a premium service if its worth the money.

Thanks

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    https://www.cyclinganalytics.com

Costs a few quid a month, but it's a really slick site and does all the important stuff.
    More problems but still living....
  • redvision
    sounds good, thanks for the link. just had a quick look and it does look pretty slick.
  • Also PC application : http://www.goldencheetah.org/

The cycling analytics site is great too.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    The other online option is Training Peaks. I don't use it so can't say if its any good or not.
    One thing I would be careful to check is that you can download your data in bulk from whatever site you choose, ideally including any notes and other changes you make (eg recording weight, FTP, ...). Then do it regularly. It may be a small risk but it would be a PITA to lose all that info if the site went bust.
  • Golden cheetah is what I use and it does everything you need
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Golden cheetah is what I use and it does everything you need
    It's not online though is it.
    More problems but still living....
  • I have just signed up for a free trial of Velohero.com. Seems alright and it is only 19euro per year so much cheaper than trainingpeaks etc.
  • The other online option is Training Peaks. I don't use it so can't say if its any good or not.
    One thing I would be careful to check is that you can download your data in bulk from whatever site you choose, ideally including any notes and other changes you make (eg recording weight, FTP, ...). Then do it regularly. It may be a small risk but it would be a PITA to lose all that info if the site went bust.

I have Garmin Connect, Strava (Premium), WKO3 and WKO4 plus Training Peaks; and use Training Peaks almost exclusively. It has good data, the interface is pretty easy, and the paid version lets you schedule workouts etc (not sure if the free one does).

Cheers
  • redvision
    Thanks for all the replies.
    I have been using the free trial of training peaks for the last week and so far quite impressed. However, i am going to try cycling analytics for a month and see how that compares.

Thanks again for all the advice.
  • BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    Just to give you a feel, everyone I ride with regularly, who have seriously got their training nailed down (Sub-20 10 mile TT guys, 2nd Cat road racers, National Masters Champion) all use Training Peaks Premium.

I don't know anybody who uses anything different. That doesn't mean it's perfect, and it may be to do with the ability for a coach to instantly link with your training information, but I Have used it for years and only have minor quirks with it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Big fan of training peaks here.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach