My Wilier stable

2»

Comments

• ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Guillaume: I wouldnt expect the same reviews for a Z7 and Cento - they are quite different bikes, as the Cento is an all rounder, and the Z7 is rated by some as one of the finest climbing frames out there.

So having ridden many, how do they differ? Well consider that one of the finest Cento's was the 101 - yes it was a pro-frame, but the geometry and weave is forgiving, it sits taller, and does not share the lower head down geometries of the SR and Z7, but you could ride it all day, and it has sharp and responsive handling, but not with any harshness. The SR took over from the Superleggera, so its lighter, lost a little bit of suppleness, but gainss sharper pin point responsive handling and a lower headtube.

and then the Zero 7 - well its far more focussed, but not an all rounder. when you first get on one it can feel scary and twitchy, but it is the change which makes it feel this way - I also ride a 20mm longer stem than normal, which takes the twitchy tendancies out of the steering and lengthens the geometries - for me this give a better position on the bike and improves 'pull' on climbs. but it you have this in your sights, dont hesitate.... I suppose to really cap it all I can relate my recent bike changes... I sold my original Zero 7, to build an amazingly spec'd C60, a bike which is a bit of a legend. The C60 is very assured and silky smooth, but now it has gone, so I can build a new Zero 7 - simply because nothing I have ever ridden is as exciting to ride

Hello ILM Zero7.
    Thank you for this detailed and comprehensive reply.

I said that I translate my Iphone, so it's possible that my understanding and my answers are unclear.

I seem to have understood that you had a Cento uno and Zero 7 of the first generation 'and that you changed the Zero 7 with the last generation. You also tried the cento uno sr. The cento UNO is versatile, but very steep to drive.

Zero 7 is really typer for the mountains and will be using on other type of route, unlike the SR is effective everywhere. You sold your Zero 7 for a Colnago C60 in aero mode, but now the ride quality of Zero 7 you miss and want to return. it is unique in its kind, very handy player and reactive, unique sensations that means on the flat. The ride quality, more than the performance.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Pinno wrote:
    You've let the C60 go?!
    yes - after the previous Zero 7 I relised it was a great bike but just not as exciting to ride as the Zero -and the latest Zero 7 is better than the first
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2