Tour of Britain Stage 1 Beaumaris to Wrexham **Spoilers**

imatfaal
imatfaal Posts: 2,716
edited September 2015 in Pro race
Dunno if there will be enough traffic for a different thread for each stage - but what the hell!

From Beamaris on the Isle of Anglesey to Wrexham - looks a nice ride.

20997699309_3c6a7ee6c9_b.jpg

Coverage on ITV1 (ie old channel 3 not ITV4) and ITV-HD which will be nice if the weather is good enough to match the lovely scenary from 1300hrs .

Comments

• effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    I love ToB, is a great race and this years route looks great.

As a tip for all those that picked Stybar on the ptp, he is 17-1 at bet 365 to win the overall. I've stuck a few quid on both him and Pete Kennaugh

Spoilt for choice this week with this and the Vuelta.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    Only highlights TV coverage on ITV4 and Eurosport as far as I can see though.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • effillo
    It's on at 1pm live on ITV1
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    It's on at 1pm live on ITV1

Thanks, I'd missed that...never thought about looking on ITV1.

Cheers

Edit... I see that the OP told us that... my bad.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • effillo
    Think it's great ITV get more and more on board with cycling each year. There is plenty of coverage of various events now, always room for more though. Be nice if they did a highlights package for the Giro, the only decided to do the Vuelta at the last minute so I guess it is dependent on Froomes participation.
  • imatfaal
    Dunne, Stewart, House, Williams - off the front with 7:12 at 90km. Team Sky on the front and starting to push. Great crowds in every village. North Wales looking lovely
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    None standard GB champs jersey for Kennough, quite smart. Decent turnout in the villages as well.
  • Got back from Andorra late last night and thought that today's stage wasn't live.
    So glad to read it's on ITV.
    85kms to go. Break gap rapidly coming down. Now at 6 minutes.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jam1e
    Andy Fenn's doing a lot of work on the front, pretty much taken 6 minutes off the breakaway on his lonesome.
  • imatfaal
    None standard GB champs jersey for Kennough, quite smart. Decent turnout in the villages as well.

What's different Jamie? Looks pretty similar to normal and does look good - I did like his customized wind-breaker he was wearing (black with the red,white, and blue)

60km to go and the four breakaway have 3 mins.

Brad and Cav looking like theyre having a friendly club run
  • jam1e
    Ah was the that windshirt - only got a glimpse so it could have been? Looked good whatever it was.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    You can buy the Jersey kennaugh is wearing from Rapha its part of the national jerseys they are doing, I was going buy it as it does look smart but since he wore it today it proberly be classed as the national road champs jersey! He's wearing some bright shoes too! Looking good really good race is this
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    and Team Wiggo turned up wearing the new Rapha Tom Simpson tribute jersey, do the UCI kit rules not apply in the ToB then ?

ok technically Wiggins could play the alternate change kit rule card, but so how do Sky get away with it, their alternate kit was the yellow TdF version.
  • jam1e
    Team Wiggins planning some sort of team pursuit escape after the climb?
  • effillo
    Wiggins looks like he has gained a lot over weight over this year. Interesting to see the physique change as the focus from road to track changes.
  • imatfaal
    Kristian%20House%20stem%20cap%20-%20The%20Dude%20Abides.JPG

Duuude! KOM for House

The break - wth House off the front - have 1:48 on the pack with 33km to go
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Brian Smith has been very good today, Hugh Porter would be in a hell of a mess if it wasn't for him.
  • jam1e
    Viviani here I think. Seems happy without a leadout train and by the sounds of the finish a full train just isn't going to happen.
  • imatfaal
    Viviani here I think. Seems happy without a leadout train and by the sounds of the finish a full train just isn't going to happen.

Clancy always seems good in the mad city-centre dashes of the pro-tour series - double up KOM and stage for RaphaCondorJLT?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    It's going to be touch and go isn't it?
  • jam1e
    Could make this but it'll be close.

House goes - not sure it was wise.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Viviani (sky) just passed cav on the line to take the stage
  • imatfaal
    Viviani - out foxes Cav and just sneaks it on the line by a tyre's breadth
  • jam1e
    Cav would have had that if he'd stayed on his line, as it was it was bloody close.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Cav only looking for Greipel, left the door open for Viviani. SKY worked hard for that.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,174
    That was quite a tricky last kilometre. I think the bends favoured those with track experience rather than a powerhouse like Greipel. Good result by Doull in fourth too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Don't think that will have helped Cav's contract negotiations
  • That was quite a tricky last kilometre. I think the bends favoured those with track experience rather than a powerhouse like Greipel. Good result by Doull in fourth too.

Very good result by Doull. Team looked after him well.

1st, 2nd and 4th - all roadie-trackies!
  • Fenn really earned his place at the dinner table today
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Fenn really earned his place at the dinner table today

Extra portions for the Fennster

Terrific job today