Am I going to die?

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Just drank 2 cups of Bovril that had a best before date of Nov 14, am I going to die?
    As per the first reply on this thread: Yes, eventually. But probably not as a direct result of this.
  • I still haven't died...
    ... but you sounded as though you wanted to when I cruised past you this morning :)

Indeed! Not looking forward to the return journey either. Felt quite wrong going at pootle speed, and allowing everyone to pass. Still, needs must when one's not feeling well.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • I had my second identical bike stolen a month or so ago, two in two years, and had been debating before it went whether to get a fixed wheel bike as a second bike but decided to take the plunge with the insurance money.
    got myself a charge plug, and bearing in mind I last cycled fixed in my 20's and I'm now 48 I was nervous to say the least, but on my daily commute I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed cycling, I read before getting this bike about the 'feel' of the feel or riding fixed and thought it was just a load of old guff but I am seriously enjoying cycling again where before it seemed more like a chore getting to work now I find I take a longer route there or a different route home, no accidents in the first week which I thought I might have had and now a month later feeling 100% confident

Dave
  • I had my second identical bike stolen a month or so ago, two in two years, and had been debating before it went whether to get a fixed wheel bike as a second bike but decided to take the plunge with the insurance money.
    got myself a charge plug, and bearing in mind I last cycled fixed in my 20's and I'm now 48 I was nervous to say the least, but on my daily commute I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed cycling, I read before getting this bike about the 'feel' of the feel or riding fixed and thought it was just a load of old guff but I am seriously enjoying cycling again where before it seemed more like a chore getting to work now I find I take a longer route there or a different route home, no accidents in the first week which I thought I might have had and now a month later feeling 100% confident

Dave

Nice one! It's over a month in for me now, and going back to gears just feels weird. Went out for a club ride at the weekend, and not being able to moderate my speed by just using my legs felt just plain wrong.

The only thing that I find a lot more difficult is the ascent of Broomfield Hill in Richmond Park in the evenings. Very hard work on the gear ratio I'm on.

Will have to move on to my geared winter bike when the park is closed, as riding down Roehampton Vale on the A3 is challenging at the best of times, owing to the need to stay at the same speed as the traffic (above 30mph), but other than that, it looks like I'll be riding fixed all through the winter.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this