Cycleops Virtual Training - what's it like?

E65Ross
E65Ross Posts: 23
Hi guys,

Just got a wahoo kickr and already have TrainerRoad (great bit of software!!) but for when the weather is bad and I fancy doing long rides I think I'd be more inclined by the virtual training bit of software.

Has anyone on here used it? If so.....how realistic is it in terms of time/speed/effort compared to the real thing? My guess is that you'll be a bit faster on the virtual trainer because it doesn't take poor road surfaces, junctions etc into the equation but as long as it's not MUCH easier I may get this as well.

Love the idea you can ride routes you've plotted from anywhere around the world as well.

Any reviews/comments on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Ross

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Hi guys,

Just got a wahoo kickr and already have TrainerRoad (great bit of software!!) but for when the weather is bad and I fancy doing long rides I think I'd be more inclined by the virtual training bit of software.

Has anyone on here used it? If so.....how realistic is it in terms of time/speed/effort compared to the real thing? My guess is that you'll be a bit faster on the virtual trainer because it doesn't take poor road surfaces, junctions etc into the equation but as long as it's not MUCH easier I may get this as well.

Love the idea you can ride routes you've plotted from anywhere around the world as well.

Thanks in advance

Ross

It's great!
    Pretty accurate on the climbs too. Yes it doesn't take into account junctions/sharp corners etc, or aero eqpt/position but it's about the best training software I've tried.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • E65Ross
    E65Ross Posts: 23
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Ross

It's great!
    Pretty accurate on the climbs too. Yes it doesn't take into account junctions/sharp corners etc, or aero eqpt/position but it's about the best training software I've tried.

Perfect, thank you! Whilst some of the trainer Road workouts which are 3+ hours long do look good, I think I'd prefer a more varied approach and virtual trainer looks like a good option for that..... Especially come winter when going out for 5 hours in the freezing cold and rain doesn't appeal quite so much!

Many thanks