Horner denied TUE

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Horner rides for a continental team so any TUE would need to be issued by a national federation not the UCI. And he wasn't denied a Vuelta entry due to a lack of TUE, he failed the MPCC test. And you don't need a TUE for regular asthma medicine anyway. Horner's full of crap. It looks like he tried a little legal doping ruse and failed.

This thread is just part of Frenchie's grieving process. He will never see Bertie win another Grand Tour.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Oh. Oh Rich. You went there...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    This thread is just part of Frenchie's grieving process. He will never see Bertie win another Grand Tour.

Not only does it have nothing to do with it, but Contador is still alive and kicking and won the 2nd and 3rd most recent GTs and is only two years older than Froome. If he wants to win another GT he will. I will be more upset if he is wearing grey socks and black shoes again next year...kind of tired of cropping the bottom of the photos.

Alberto-Contador-014.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Didn't think of that. If he had won the Tour, he would have held all three GTs simultaneously.

I don't think anyone has ever done that.

I'm conflicted on Bertie. He makes races exciting and seems a good chap, but I don't trust a lot of his palmares.

Horner (a la Danielson) creeps me out. An utterly unrepentant doper. The sort of guy you might fear for when he doesn't have racing in his life.

And on Petacchi, he was taking intravenous salbutamol to build lean muscle, not just a few puffs of an inhaler.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Didn't think of that. If he had won the Tour, he would have held all three GTs simultaneously.

Eddy Merckx. 72 Tour, 73 Vuelta & Giro
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.

Eddy Merckx. 72 Tour, 73 Vuelta & Giro

Ah forgot about the funky Vuelta date switch.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Didn't think of that. If he had won the Tour, he would have held all three GTs simultaneously.

I'm conflicted on Bertie. He makes races exciting and seems a good chap, but I don't trust a lot of his palmares.

Horner (a la Danielson) creeps me out. An utterly unrepentant doper. The sort of guy you might fear for when he doesn't have racing in his life.

And on Petacchi, he was taking intravenous salbutamol to build lean muscle, not just a few puffs of an inhaler.

If I'm gonna call FF out, I'll have to do you too. That's just scurrell and conjecture. I don't like the smell of him either, but he's never been proved a doper. He just clung to the good ship Lance until the very last.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • timoid.

If I'm gonna call FF out, I'll have to do you too. That's just scurrell and conjecture. I don't like the smell of him either, but he's never been proved a doper. He just clung to the good ship Lance until the very last.

:)

You just keep drinking that Nutella. Mmm liquid Nutella.