Keep the Autumn Epic going

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Just signed up for the 2016 event. It's a corker event which I did back in 2009 and looking forward to be back!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks Ugo,

Brilliant to have your support. I've been meaning to update this thread - the Autumn Epic is indeed on for 2016 - go to http://www.autumnepic.com for all the details.

We've just started (on Friday) a Strava group for potential participants - https://www.strava.com/clubs/AutumnEpic and I'm doing a blog series on all the significant climbs on the event - http://rideventures.blogspot.co.uk/
  • ugo.santalucia
    I've done many sportives in the UK and this one is a top three im my opinion. Parts of the course are stunning... the climb out of Rhyader and into the Elan valley ring is worth the ticket alone
  • I've done many sportives in the UK and this one is a top three im my opinion. Parts of the course are stunning... the climb out of Rhyader and into the Elan valley ring is worth the ticket alone

Yep, know what you mean, that's why we want to build it back up to prominence.

One year I got a flat right at the top of the Elan Valley and whilst fixing it I looked up and around to see that I was alone in a vast landscape - there wasn't even a house in sight and I could see for miles. It truly is an Epic experience.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Just found my result from 2009 on the website! 5h 50 min... there you go, I've got a PB to beat

Let's make some noise, this is an awesome route!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Just signed up for this - looking forward to it
  • Thanks, yep we're very nearly full. It's going to be great!
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ok, I will be there, colnago masters and a market Drayton cc top

If it's sunny I will be there on the same bike
  • Looks like the perfect day... sunny, mild, light winds... :-)
  • Yep, all looking good. Rider Info sheets and Start List will come out later today with participants getting email notification.
    We'll be doing free hot food at the end of the ride - always a feature of the Epic in past times (and just like an Italian Gran Fondo).
    I rode around the New 80km course on Sunday and have a report on the blog - quite a tough little course...
    Looking forward to Sunday.
  • tlw1
    Weather still looks good
  • Right, where do I start?

The day should have started at 5 AM with an alarm bell... but somehow it didn't happen :oops: and when I got up at 7 AM was way too late to get ready and make my way to Knighton... so the Autumn Epic didn't happen for me... :?

I hope you all had a great day, the weather was certainly glorious, if a bit chilly early in the morning. I managed to do 70 flattish miles round here
  • tlw1
    Hate to say it, but you missed a cracking event

If only I was fit enough to do it justice :(