New bike dont want to ride

2»

Comments

• Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    Speed makes no difference to drops to flat and 5' is pretty big to flat.
    14' is tiny on a bike like a Slash, I do jumps more than double that size on a bike with a lot less suspension. You just need to commit to it, carry some speed in to it and pump the lip.
    I disagree speed makes a difference when you're dropping to flat, although not always, I tried to do it at slow speed & the front dipped & had no hope (I know lift up the front, but like I said I was not concentrating), however when I went faster I managed to land but lost control, yeah 5ft is too high. 14ft may be tiny to you but I haven't the luxury of going to bikeparks to master jumping so I have to build trails, I'm very new to that do you expect me to build a 30ft gap (these are not 2ft high, you get about 8ft high mid air) I am building a 20ft+ jump that leads to a 3ft drop onto natural roots & rock gardens, any suggestions sensible no "You can't build there" crap.
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    When I said speed makes no difference to drops to flat I meant to the landing. I didn't realise you meant that you did it so slow you were nose diving it.
    I also very rarely ride bike parks, home built is more fun and you can build stuff which would make it through a bikepark risk assessment. Step downs are usually pretty easy to build and learn to go big. We built one in a day which has a 40' gap and 8' drop and it's loads of fun to hit.
    15' is pretty small, thats still within the range of hit it fast with no technique and you can't go wrong.
  • rubyhorse2
    rubyhorse2 Posts: 23
    never understood people who buy nice things and then dont use them...actually the wife does this with handbags :oops:

not saying i spend a lot but last bike was over 3k, use it everyday for work and in the evenings and weekends. winced the first few times rocks would hit the frame but after maybe the first week or two i just ride normally now.

same goes for everything i buy, i take care of things but use them for what they are intended.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    First ride out on my brand new Mega, I put a good old gash in the fork lowers. Get out and hammer it. You'll stop caring after a while.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5