Loads of Stiction in fork

2»

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    So have you tried uppers in the lowers with both the rebound damper and air shaft removed with a small sideload?

Then added each shaft in turn to check the effect?

You have to do this one step at a time, anything else is like micturating into a prevailing airflow.

I've done it but not properly - I have a free day tomorrow so that's on the agenda. Thanks again everyone for your suggestions!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • declan1
    I have just taken the forks apart for the fifth (?) time and discovered that the lower right-hand bushing is the cause of the stiction.

Can I ease the bushing out a bit to resolve the issue?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They should be a very precise fit to work properly. Not sure exactly what the tolerance is but it will be microns (thousandths of a millimeter). If there are any sharp or damaged edges then gently remove them with a very fine file.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    I have just taken the forks apart for the fifth (?) time and discovered that the lower right-hand bushing is the cause of the stiction.

Can I ease the bushing out a bit to resolve the issue?

You need special tooling to set the tolerance.
  • declan1
    Ok, most awkward and annoying person on the forum here again!

I sent the forks away to Simon at LOCO tuning to ease the bushings out. They came back much better regarding the bushings however the forks still have the problem with stiction.

Any more ideas? :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred