Post Rest Day

13»

Comments

• RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    Suspect Contador has a sh1t or bust stage in him as had in 2011(?) when he blew the race apart on the Telegraphe. Niblai poss has the Pra Loup stage in his sights with that Allos descent and a large time gap to play with.

Agree, if it's wet the day after I could see the Glandon descent being important too and if a small group got away and a favourite detached there is enough riding after that for any gap to become important.
    Thursday has the best forecast of all remaining days, so unlikely to be wet.

I'm going to try to find somewhere decent on that descent to get a real-life experience of their speed as they descend. I've got Friday & Saturday for climbs and going up that side of the Glandon doesn't strike me as an amazing one to be.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Haha Switfy on the ITV highlights montage

"Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate hate"
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Froome was ominously bullish in his ITV interview. At this stage in 2013 he said he was hanging on. Not this year. It's possible he was bluffing. I've got a feeling he's going to have sickness-related team weakness and will need all this strength for a couple of solo defensive epics.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.