The Wealthy... Are they all Richard Crania?

2»

Comments

• Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987

Another example of wealth and how these idiots think they can rule the roost.
    Therein lies the problem
    Whether it is right, or not. Whether you agree with it, or not. Whether you like it, or not, they do rule the roost.
    And they probably do not care one jot what others think of that.
    They are doing nothing illegal.

Yes nothing illegal, because the wealthy make the rules for themselves, it should be illegal or rather made considerably harder via local planning restrictions - and we should have a tax system that take a little more money of these people, either by taxing propety owned or higher income taxes, that they cannot evade.
    Messing around with communities like this, it isnt good for society.

for those that say no, thats the politics of envy or similar, we have a monoploys and mergers commision to stop one company ruling the roost, same with one person dominating an area or distorting property prices/rents.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799

Another example of wealth and how these idiots think they can rule the roost.
    Therein lies the problem
    Whether it is right, or not. Whether you agree with it, or not. Whether you like it, or not, they do rule the roost.
    And they probably do not care one jot what others think of that.
    They are doing nothing illegal.

Yes nothing illegal, because the wealthy make the rules for themselves, it should be illegal or rather made considerably harder via local planning restrictions - and we should have a tax system that take a little more money of these people, either by taxing propety owned or higher income taxes, that they cannot evade.

for those that say no, thats the politics of envy or similar, we have a monoploys and mergers commision to stop one company ruling the roost, same with one person dominating an area or distorting property prices/rents.
    Quite correct.
    You will achieve more by getting involved in politics rather than posting on a cycling website though.
    In the meantime, nothing changes.
    As I have said in another thread. Campaign to get things changed. Or accept it. Moaning achieves nothing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736

Quite correct.
    You will achieve more by getting involved in politics rather than posting on a cycling website though.
    In the meantime, nothing changes.
    As I have said in another thread. Campaign to get things changed. Or accept it. Moaning achieves nothing.

Ive said it countless times and agree 100%, this is why the world is in so much trouble for the majority of people. Greece is an example, people on the whole want whats best for them all but due to not agreeing, whether that be due to different party politics or different views the sad result will be that they will in the majority Lose.

Above was posted about the rich being taxed more but that isn't the answer, the reality is that it yields less money for the masses as money is moved abroad or filled into legal avoidance schemes. You should never tax someone more than is deemed fair and thats the difficult part for a chancellor.

I think that we could have a bigger levy on long term empty properties as to me thats a sin, but then we have something similar already and it hurts innocent folk. My mother died 18 months ago and her house was left empty, she lived in Bewdley and we got a tax bill of 150% the standard rate, we asked them why we didn't get the usual 6 months free followed by a 75% rate and they said that as a council they decided to not furnish the 6 months free and also charge the maximum 150% for empty homes. You see, it still does down to choices as I said earlier.

My point is that no matter what we do, some will win and some will lose and although we were able to pay the 150%, imagine how people on the breadline would effected if they were in the same position with their inheritance being eaten away by crazy costs during what should be a respectful mourning period.

Anyway, nothing matters because as a country we WILL moan and NOTHING will be achieved which is why I will say again, look after yourself, your family and your friends because you get one shot so make the most of it.
    Living MY dream.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    In life you make choices, money affords more choices. It really is that simple.
    No it's not.

I wonder if there is a single other person on earth who agrees with you on that ?

Money can't buy happiness, however it can make you happy.

It can't buy you health although it can afford you better treatment.

It 100% gives you more choices than that of someone who is broke.

If you can't understand that I'm afraid your on your own as I'm not sure even the usual people who love to argue my every point would be so stupid as to try and make out it doesnt. :?
    Hmmm, I think you're the confused one here. I thought my response was pretty straight forward but apparently it has caused you some difficulty. You made a statement about money providing more choices and said it was as simple as that. I said it wasn't. You imply I'm an idiot.
    Please read my response again and consider that my disagreement is with your claim that it's simple, not with your assertion that money provides choices. Surely no-one but you misinterpreted my pretty clear response? It really was quite clear.

You can be quite sn unpleasant fellow can't you?

I knew your meaning and my reply stands.
    I don't think I'm unpleasant, I am not saying its right. I am saying it is that simple.

When you have more money you have more choices, life is all about choices, whether right or wrong it doesn't matter for this purpose but the fact remains we have choices.
    Poor people have the choice to miss meals or they could commit crimes to earn money to pay for things, they could work many jobs and run themselves into an early grave. Whatever really, they are still choices no matter if right or wrong.

This guy in question is obviously loaded and he chooses to buy up houses to prevent others being close. I have explained that I think it wrong but that doesnt matter, it doesnt matter that the poster here thinks it is wrong, what matters is that the guy thinks its right and due to the fact he is loaded he has the ability to action his choice.
    It really is as simple as that.

Do I think I am unpleasant ? not on the whole, I think my words are unpleasant to some but to me thats because they don't like the fact that I reply with honesty and open-ness.
    I am not a "yes man" and never will be, I simply speak my mind.

Find a lie or anything I have written here that was done to offend.

You won't find any, that is also quite simple.
    Money affords more choices, however, it also influences the psychology of the choices made. Therefore saying money provides more choices and that's all there is to it IS over simplistic.
    You, however, say you doubt there's another person on earth who'd agree with me. Then you make your own infantile statements and suggest I disagree with them saying no-one else here is stupid enough to disagree.
    No, you're not just honest, in fact you are not even honest.
    Yes, you are unpleasant.
    I also think you're disingenuous and ignorant.
    Not insulting you, just trying to provide an honest statement of fact. I trust you won't object? :roll:

You have completely changed your stance though.
    You made a comment of which I replied. Others have also replied and backed up my comment on money affording choices then you turn it into a psychology issue but what has that got to do with this? A psychological issue means nothing if the person in question doesn't have the money to put into place his wanten desire to "rule the roost" does it. !!!
    You seem to want to argue with me and even post derogatory things about me which is fine as you honestly won't bother me and although it's only just after 6am I can assure you that I had a decent sleep. I just had to get up early as I'm actually having breakfast with a neighbour this morning but it's a good 20 minute walk to their home as I didn't want to live too close to other folk.
    Wow. You do realise I know what wrote and it's still there for everyone else to read too if they could be arsed?

My stance has not changed.
    You said it was simple. I said it wasn't. You (probably intentionally) misinterpreted my comment and assigned to me views I have never set forth. In doing so you also ridicule those fictional views and insinuated stupidity on my part. I corrected you. You pretended to think I changed my story.
    Finally you decided I'd gone off topic and "turned it into a psychology issue" and accused me of wanting to argue and post derogatory things. Read the topic. Is psychology perhaps relevant? Don't bother answering that one. Now go reread your initial response to me before attempting any self righteousness.
    Incidentally, why are you explaining what time you got up. Don't worry, I'm nor under the illusion that either of us is taking anything said on these forums seriously. I may think little of your views, your manner or the dishonest way you've participated in this exchange but I never accused you of insanity.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ... the fact that people have had the option to post on this very thread and that they own a bike and will eat food today makes them better off than more than 80% of the earths population who live on less than $10 a day.

I'd go for 95% and $1, to be honest. But your point is still valid, mate.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/