Bike Radar 'Our Man' Thread

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There's seems to be a lack of argeement. So want Jose Serpa and some want Benoit Vaugrenard.

I propose we split into two factions, each bitterly opposed to each other. Each will laud their man and deride the other at every opportunity. For their Man is the only true Man. In the next millennium holy wars will be fought between the Serpatines and the Benoitists.

I was born a Serpatine and I will die a Serpatine.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I'm not into this Manichean dualism* lark, can't some of us support both?

*especically for ddraver
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    I'm not into this Manichean dualism* lark, can't some of us support both?

*especically for ddraver
    Is that the Maniche that used to play football for Portugal?
  • There's seems to be a lack of argeement. So want Jose Serpa and some want Benoit Vaugrenard.

I propose we split into two factions, each bitterly opposed to each other. Each will laud their man and deride the other at every opportunity. For their Man is the only true Man. In the next millennium holy wars will be fought between the Serpatines and the Benoitists.

I was born a Serpatine and I will die a Serpatine.

What's the fox (renard - french) looking at (serpa -danish)

who knows - but it will be le flicced

zeZ7ufTpjztC-benoit_vaugrenard.JPG

bettiniphoto_0069671_1_full_600.jpg
  • I like them both - maybe this is the first two of Team BR a la Tour

173216974-colombias-jose-serpa-is-about-to-cross-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QY84nRGe%2FdOTCBy3sGTwa9EyjiuZLntV00AojniufJHECiZZmVeLhU1Z3%2Fo02f52eQ%3D%3D

vaugrenard.jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    I'm all in for the Mancunian dual carriageway thingy. Don't think I could possibly get behind an Our Man riding round in that disgusting lampre kit. Or indeed anyone* riding for Lampre, have never liked them.

So it's Violet for me.

*I'll make an exception for Tsgabu Grmay, but only because he was my man at Qhubeka.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    Are we entirely convinced that this isn't Frank Schleck?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    I can't help but think we're doing this the wrong way. King Arthur didn't sit and wait for some committee to pull the sword out of the stone for him. Jack didn't spend his day staring at the beanstalk and wondering if he should write to Gardeners' Question Time. Scott didn't get to the Antarctic and say "I'll tell you what lads, why don't we go to Tenerife for our holiday this year? It's a bit nippy out..." before putting it to a democratic vote.

My point is heroes choose themselves, rather than being appointed. Maybe we should just give it a week or so, eh?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Are we entirely convinced that this isn't Frank Schleck?

He looks to be voluntarily facing downhill, so we can be confident it's not Andy.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Mollema. Hopefully he can get a top 100. Still haven't received my winnings from my bet on him failing last year. And this year he has had no form whatsoever and a bad back.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    CI6yADEWgAABCC4.jpg

The team have even processed the pic in a nice shade of violet. Or is that blueberry? :wink:
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    I can't help but think we're doing this the wrong way. King Arthur didn't sit and wait for some committee to pull the sword out of the stone for him. Jack didn't spend his day staring at the beanstalk and wondering if he should write to Gardeners' Question Time. Scott didn't get to the Antarctic and say "I'll tell you what lads, why don't we go to Tenerife for our holiday this year? It's a bit nippy out..." before putting it to a democratic vote.

My point is heroes choose themselves, rather than being appointed. Maybe we should just give it a week or so, eh?

This.
  • above_the_cows

No King Arthur did this...

arthur_vichot_juin_2013.jpg
  • Lanterne_Rogue

No King Arthur did this...

arthur_vichot_juin_2013.jpg

Which has been putting me in mind of this bit of nonsense all day:

Pettie%2C_The_Vigil.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    ^Brilliant stuff!
  • RonB
    Excellent. Good to see BR colleagues have been out on the course in Brittany ready for next weekend.

CJEQi8zWIAAKXOK.jpg
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Excellent. Good to see BR colleagues have been out on the course in Brittany ready for next weekend.

CJEQi8zWIAAKXOK.jpg

39" down at the first intermediate.
  • RonB
    140th place for Violet Ben, only 1'32" down at the finish.

TWH - Would you consider popping "may contain spoilers" or similar in the title, just in case?

Cheers, RonB
  • RonB
    Ben @170th after a really tough 3rd Stage for TeamFDJ.
  • RonB
    Violet Ben finished in the leading group today. As a result he has shot up the GC rankings to 92nd spot.
  • RonB
    Steady progress from Violet Beauregarde. At this rate a trade mark "Zubeldia" top 10 could be on the cards.

CJyc0VNWsAAeUCP.jpg

Though this might be rest day wishful thinking.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Steady progress from Violet Beauregarde. At this rate a trade mark "Zubeldia" top 10 could be on the cards.

CJyc0VNWsAAeUCP.jpg

Though this might be rest day wishful thinking.

Ooooh, I like this graph a lot.

Can we request the same for the Lanterne thread, please, pretty pleeeeease?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RonB
    From Ouest-France.fr

Le Tour avec le fan club de Benoît Vaugrenard

I wonder if club Président, Fabien Jallé will be in touch soon?
  • RonB
    Ben preparing like many, on the rollers for the start of S15 - uphill from the off.

CKRUvSCUsAAwr2y.jpg

(Currently 109th spot, just 1h50" off the podium)
  • RonB
    Our man Violet Beauregarde wins the sprint vs. both Degenkolb and Sagan :D

might have been an intermediate sprint of no significance but hey ho
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    FDJ

Ins: Fabien Doubey (trainee), Marc Fournier (trainee), Elie Gesbert (trainee)
    Outs:
    Extensions: Benoit Vaugrenard
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    FDJ

Ins: Fabien Doubey (trainee), Marc Fournier (trainee), Elie Gesbert (trainee)
    Outs:
    Extensions: Benoit Vaugrenard

Joy for cycling fans globally
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.