Orange Crush AM 2015

2»

Comments

• Cyph3rs
    Cyph3rs Posts: 69
    Id probably stick with the Orange. Its the best from Tredz' collection I would say. You'll wait a month to get a few years service.

Thanks for your opinion. I think you're right, so I contacted them and they're going to send me a voucher to pick up some other goodies! Top marks for Tredz.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Have a look at Back on Track in Malvern - they sometimes have good orange offers - good shop too.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • I could do with some advice on sizeing. Don't know weather to get the 17' or the 19' frame. I'm 5'11 and have a 32' leg could do with some input from you guys, seam to be getting conflicting info as I seam to be right between sizes. Thank!
  • Cyph3rs
    I could do with some advice on sizeing. Don't know weather to get the 17' or the 19' frame. I'm 5'11 and have a 32' leg could do with some input from you guys, seam to be getting conflicting info as I seam to be right between sizes. Thank!

Im 6, 6'1 also with 32/33" leg and I went for the 19"/L frame.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Classic buyers remorse. You've made your decision, personally I think it's a good decision, now stick to it. Get the bike and ride the cr@p out of it. Smile.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Cyph3rs
    Classic buyers remorse. You've made your decision, personally I think it's a good decision, now stick to it. Get the bike and ride the cr@p out of it. Smile.

Yep I've stuck to it, even though there's a lot of naysaying I'm pretty damn excited!

Also Tredz.co.uk are absolutely fantastic I really can't stress this enough, they'd given me a very generous voucher to quell the disappoint of the rather long delay due to the bike being out of stock. (Orange aren't getting them back in themselves til the first week of July) And the customer services team has been more helpful that I could have ever hoped.
  • Im 6, 6'1 also with 32/33" leg and I went for the 19"/L frame.

And your thoughts?
  • Cyph3rs
    Im 6, 6'1 also with 32/33" leg and I went for the 19"/L frame.

And your thoughts?

Haven't received the bike yet. I'll phone Orange directly tomorrow on their thoughts on sizing.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    There's nothing wrong with the quality of the Crush but you do get a poor spec compared to similar priced bikes from some other manufacturers.
    You are paying for the made in Halifax badge on a frame which is made in Taiwan.

Actually the 2015 Crush is a very good value bike in the grand scheme of things - the spec is vastly improved over the 2014 equivalent.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There's nothing wrong with the quality of the Crush but you do get a poor spec compared to similar priced bikes from some other manufacturers.
    You are paying for the made in Halifax badge on a frame which is made in Taiwan.

Actually the 2015 Crush is a very good value bike in the grand scheme of things - the spec is vastly improved over the 2014 equivalent.

To be honest, I think it may be a 2014 bike in my local shop, it's been there nearly a year now. Every time I see it I think "not bad but not at that price "
  • Cyph3rs
    The 2015 model does seem better specc'd than last years. However I've looked into it and I'm not going to pretend it's an amazing spec. The brakes seem like they'd definitely require upgrading for example?

But damn it's a sexy bike. No?
  • benpinnick
    The 2015 model does seem better specc'd than last years. However I've looked into it and I'm not going to pretend it's an amazing spec. The brakes seem like they'd definitely require upgrading for example?

But damn it's a sexy bike. No?

I design bikes for a living so I'm biased and won't comment on whether its sexy ;) It is however competently specced, with minimal cheating. Calling it SLX is a push with its one SLX component, and the brakes certainly aren't as good as deore, but they are competent, and thats what counts. Its a good bike - the geo is pretty good, the spec is decent enough for the money, and it is a cool colour. Stop worrying and go buy it!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cyph3rs
    Haha, well it's good to know people have abit more of a positive attitude about the bike than they did initally.

As I said, the bike is ordered, but Orange themselves aren't getting it in til the first week of July. Can't wait!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Haha, well it's good to know people have abit more of a positive attitude about the bike than they did initally.

As I said, the bike is ordered, but Orange themselves aren't getting it in til the first week of July. Can't wait!

They don't, you've just demonstrated the art of "reading what you want to read" in order to justify the decision you'd already made ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Cyph3rs
    Well I've spent too long faffing over bikes to be bothered looking into swapping it out.

I don't need anyone to justify my decision, especially seems there is nothing stopping me from picking a different bike (apart from laziness at this point). It's just the bike I want :p

Plus, while I don't drive an Audi, it should go nicely with my BMW? :roll:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    No you don't, but then we're not the ones that posted the thread asking about it are we!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Cyph3rs
    I was curious about opinions! But that's because I'm new to all this, and no one could pick out any suitable replacements from Tredz.

So while the general opinion seems to be poor value, the large discount I got from Tredz makes up for that I think.
  • benpinnick
    So while the general opinion seems to be poor value, the large discount I got from Tredz makes up for that I think.

The general opinion is wrong. 8)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cyph3rs
    Haha,

Well some people hate it, some people think its okay but poor value, and some people think its good.

So overall it averages out to being "okay". :P
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would trust Ben's opinion of a bike more than most (including my own). He can actually ride a bike, not just type.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I think some people see the Orange badge and automatically think it's going to be poor value without looking at price and spec in detail .It's just the reputation Orange seem to have developed .
  • Cyph3rs
    I find it odd that opinions are so divided on it.

Oh well, like I said it's ordered now, I've got like 3 weeks to wait, but I can't be bothered to change to a different bike (there's nothing else at this price range that I like anyway). And I'm sure it's going to be fun to ride, an Orange Crush is better than no bike right?