PlanetX poor customer service.

2»

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    The whole shifter mech had been snapped and you didnt notice until you rode it ? What was holding it on then ?

What happened to the box that the bike came in ? Why didnt you use that ?

Sounds like things were able to rattle around in the new box - that's a no-no for transporting stuff. I know that when I've got bikes from PX then there's no chance of anything moving in the box and causing damage - so it sounds like you haven't packed it properly ?

If its a scratch - so what - bikes do get them. It's inevitable and won't affect the ride.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    They've so far repaired/replaced parts without hassle and the bike happened to get scratched in transit?

If that's right, I'm not sure where the bad customer service is. I get the frustration with wanting it perfect but unless it's a real bad scratch (for which they don't sound accountable either) I'd be very happy they did the work and get out riding.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Can we get a Mumsnet-style 'Am I Being Unreasonable' subforum set up to host all these posts?
  • jjsh
    jjsh Posts: 142
    If the bike was properly packaged, then your only recourse is a claim against the courier. Who does this depends on who paid for the courier, as they have the contract with them. If its you, it is for you to pursue with the courier. If it was Planet X, then it is for them to make good, and claim against the courier themselves if they so wish. However, as has been mentioned, your problem will be arguing / demonstrating that the bike was properly packaged.
  • fenix
    And you've admitted it anyway - " I packaged up as best I could but I'm no expert."
  • Thank you all those who posted with useful information. I wasn't expecting quite as many unhelpful sarcastic responses. I'm sure you're all experienced cyclists and know your onions but was expecting a friendlier experience on this forum. I've found most riders on Sportives and Triathlons to be a more accommodating bunch in regard to less experienced riders. Shame. Thanks all the same.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Thank you all those who posted with useful information. I wasn't expecting quite as many unhelpful sarcastic responses. I'm sure you're all experienced cyclists and know your onions but was expecting a friendlier experience on this forum. I've found most riders on Sportives and Triathlons to be a more accommodating bunch in regard to less experienced riders. Shame. Thanks all the same.

Possibly, but...

1) You didn't explain the situation very well and there are some question marks in your story (why did you throw away the box before even checking if the bike was OK? That seems rather silly)

2) You are pointing the finger to a retailer who has been very helpful in trying to accomodate you and all for a scratch

Basically you come across as the classic consumer waving a list of rights which extends well beyond the retailers real responsabilities...
    left the forum March 2023
  • fenix
    Someone's touchy.

But you come on here with your first post pointing the finger at a company who have always given me good service - I've three of their bikes and lots of kit and they've been great.

Was your first ride on the bike really on the way to ride a sportive ? Because that makes no sense to me at all.
    No rides to set your seat height ? No rides to get used to the bike ? No rides to check its all working ?

Even when I've built a bike myself I take it for a few shake down rides to make sure all is well. I'd never do a sportive on a box fresh bike. And what kind of knock would it take to break a mech ? Surely the box would have shown damage ?

It just doesn't add up.