Want to build my training plan

gali
gali Posts: 6
I decided to prepare an olympic distance triathlon in 3 months, so i consider my self as new into cycling.
I get into sport 3 years ago, and swimming became my first real sport. When i was kid my parents did a lot of letters to avoid me sport lessons in school. Actually I'm 18 years old and i want to discover an another part of sport world, and cycling appear to me like a big, open mind, community.

Right now i can't go into a cycling club because i have little time so i train few times in month.
But during summer holidays i want to get into cycling with good organized training. I thought about buy some books about creating the training plan, and this kind of things.

In really, i get my bike 8 months ago, but i never thought about create a training plan just because i road for fun. During this time i learn some things thanks to gcn channel and over forums. Of course i tried to reached about all the notion that they used to talk about, like mechanics, training tips, climbing tips and stuff like that. But actually i can't use this basic knowledge to train because it's to few for create my plan.

So, do you guys have some tips to build my training plan?
I know there are severals forms of training, like in swimming. But i can't picture how to train, with which bracket, back cot, rpm etc...

My bike is the boardman team with alu frame and 105 components. FSA bottom bracket 50/34, and 28-12 on the back. It's seam very little, but i live in a mountain area.

In general conditions i ride between 40km and 80km during every single ride. Mixed with climbing, and some flat.
I tried to fraction my climbing like 5x3min in 90-100rmp on 34x25, or 50x15 on flat with 80-90 rpm to get into 40km/h during few minutes.
Sometimes when conditions allowed me to do this, i train into sprint with start stop on 500m growing speed and link to 300m sprint. Or more commonly i did a training session with 2x30min where i sprint during 10 sec every 2 minutes

That's all i know about bike training.
Do you guys know any book that i can use for work on my training plan? Triathlon books appear a great idea, but i prefer to buy a book just a bout cycling, maybe one of these :
http://www.velopress.com/category/cycling/page/2/

I am very sorry for my bad english. That's another thing to work on

Do your guys know any bo

Comments

• JayKosta
    JayKosta Posts: 635
    The training you have already mentioned is good.
    You will have to consider these things -
    How much time per day to you have for training?
    What else during the day do you have to do? And how tired will you be after training?
    You also need REST to allow your body to grow and strengthen from training.
    Your training should be hard enough so that after 2 days of HARD TRAINING, you need to have an easy day (or rest day) to recover.

Jay Kosta
    Endwell NY USA