Toe,ball of the foot numbness and top of the knee

woo1
woo1 Posts: 51
My left toe after 10 miles starts to go numb, followed by the ball of the foot. It's not painful but I obviously notice it. I've loosened my shoes and I've played around with cleat moving it back (haven't moved it all the way back). I am left footed so probably more power goes to that pedal, I don't seem to get any numbness from my right foot ?? Any ideas?

Also, after about 40 miles and a lot of climbing my right knee started to ache a lot, so much I struggled to get off the saddle to pedal, but I didn't seem to ache the next day ? any ideas ?

I have been in the last 2 months increasing the height of the saddle as it was too low,& also moved the saddle back just slightly.

Comments

• woo1 wrote:
    ? any ideas ?

Lots, but there are so many variables.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Are both of these new issues which have arisen since you started raising your saddle?
  • woo1
    woo1 Posts: 51
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Are both of these new issues which have arisen since you started raising your saddle?

Probably yes for the foot, I always seem to get a numb toe after 30 miles but it does seem to be the foot as well since moving the saddle, my knees only start to ache when I'm starting to do more than 40 miles. Have I moved the seat to far back ? I don't think it's the height, I've tried to gradually increase the saddle height.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    woo1 wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:

Probably yes for the foot, I always seem to get a numb toe after 30 miles but it does seem to be the foot as well since moving the saddle, my knees only start to ache when I'm starting to do more than 40 miles. Have I moved the seat to far back ? I don't think it's the height, I've tried to gradually increase the saddle height.
    Well in that case, it seems the obvious route is to move things back where they were and see do the new problems go away again. If so you'll at least know your position is affecting this.
    Incidentally, why do you think your saddle was too low before? Were you having other problems?