Elite Turbo Muin

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited October 2015 in Training, fitness and health
I've got an Elie Turbu Muin trainer, which I'm very impressed with. I've finally got the Elite My-etraining app to work, with the bluetooth sensor, which is great for watching Sufferfest videos with an estimation of power overlaid.

Does anyone have any experience of how accurate and reproducible the estimated power is from this set up? Whilst it is estimating the power from the speed of the flywheel, and the power curve, I guess being a direct drive turbo there would be less variables around tyre pressure, etc.? However, would I get the same, or near enough, power readings on different days if the same power was applied? Likewise, if the applied power changed by, say, 10%, would this be accurately reflected in the reading?

After using it for a while the turbo becomes warmer, there is no measurement of this, so would the estimated power change with temperature, and hence drift with time?

I'm not concerned about being 100% accurate, but it would be interesting to know if any improvements in power output are real, or within the margins of error.

Comments

• @term1te
    Hello, can you help me with a question?
    I get it that higher the speed higher the power. But it's possible pedaling at low cadence, in 34/32 with high power, simulating a rise?

I hope you understand the question, because I am using an automatic translator.

Thanks
  • birdy247
    birdy247 Posts: 454
    They are calculating power from speed. The Elite guys have probably done various tests against real PM's to map the power:speed relationship and the build the corresponding power curve.

We have gathered our own data for the Muin (various tests against a set of calibrated powermeters including SRM's) for the Elite Muin.

You could try and cross check things for free with our software (www.turbotraining.co.uk). This might give confidence the readings are realistic.

The main thing though is that the readings are consistent. i.e. 200w on Monday after 10 mins = 200w on Friday after 10 mins