2015 Giro Stage 7 **Spoilers**

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    now 1st wheel behind sky riders. Funny how half the peloton followed the penultimate saxo rider only for him to drift backwards
  • Anonymous
    lotto and OGE take the reins for the final 1.5k
  • Anonymous
    lampre in there. oge on the front
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Is this guy happy to have won or ambivalent?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    ULISSI, quite easily from a way out
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Eurosport commentators surprised by Ulissi - didn't he do the same last year at some point?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Great win for Ulissi, very pleased for him. Thank goodness Gerrans didnt get that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ooo bright blue, cookie monster colour trousers for Flecha today.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Eurosport commentators surprised by Ulissi - didn't he do the same last year at some point?
    He usually likes a longer, steeper finish. The Italian commentators on Rai thought it was Modolo.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Contador third wheel in the peloton, standing up, rocking side to side - if he has a genuine injury then it's not bothering him
    Maybe he had some of his 'special beef' over night!
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Cheers the heart to see someone battling with drugs then coming back to take the win. :lol:
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Matthews showing no consideration for the PTP today.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Milton50 wrote:

I know, how rude.

Still I continue to be the love child of Andreas Klöden and Haimar Zubeldia and have sneaked into the top 10 on PTP. Contador better not mess this up for me.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Milton50 wrote:

Suffering with allergies.

Common enough in the Giro
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Great win for Ulissi, very pleased for him. Thank goodness Gerrans didnt get that.

Yep a clean rider beating a doper that would have been bad for World Cycling....
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He usually likes a longer, steeper finish. The Italian commentators on Rai thought it was Modolo.

As well it should have been if there was any justice in the world.

*cries over another PTP miss*
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    Ulissi had just enough puff to make it. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    212dec.jpg
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Gilbert moaning about the stage length. 8.12 in the saddle, his second longest race ever.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    inseine wrote:
    Gilbert moaning about the stage length. 8.12 in the saddle, his second longest race ever.
    Just about to post the same.

PHILIPPE GILBERT ‏@PhilippeGilbert 35m35 minutes ago
    Today was my second longest race in my career after a stage in the giro in 2009 also. 8h12! Very stupid.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    To be fair I think 260km for a Grand Tour stage is a bit too much. I understand they have to make up some of the distance because of the number of short stages, but 200km would surely have sufficed.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    it'd only have ataken 6.5 hours if they averaged 40kph. wimp!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Moray Gub wrote:

Yep a clean rider beating a doper that would have been bad for World Cycling....

Christ there have been some blasts from the past this Giro...Friebos will be back at this rate...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “I suffered a lot because the stage was a very long one and after the fourth hour, I had no idea where I should put my arm,” Contador told reporters afterwards.

He looked in pain on the podium:
    565-PIC537002864.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    “I suffered a lot because the stage was a very long one and after the fourth hour, I had no idea where I should put my arm,” Contador told reporters afterwards.

Utter tosh, he was out of the saddle in the last 10k looking like he was on a Sunday touring run. Dislocated shoulder my arse.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    He was bobbing and weaving more than Sonny Liston in the last 20km

Sordide sentimentality FF

or even FFS :?
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    mike6 wrote:

Utter tosh, he was out of the saddle in the last 10k looking like he was on a Sunday touring run. Dislocated shoulder my ars*.

+1

A liar and a cheat
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    Lucan2 wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

Utter tosh, he was out of the saddle in the last 10k looking like he was on a Sunday touring run. Dislocated shoulder my ars*.

+1

A liar and a cheat
    +2
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Nice to see the sanctimonious bs making a comeback. It's been a while. Is it any wonder the man is prone to exaggeration when the King of Spain wades in on a few picigrams of clen? Can you imagine the tedium of that stage without the joint drama?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Good on you Contador, well done.

A good Giro so far. It is a better race than the TdF. Not such a big spectacle but a better race.

260K - What's wrong with that? In years gone by, riders spent long long hours in the saddle. Maybe the TdF needs a few really long stages so that it calms down a little. Too many crashes in the TdF, often making it a lottery.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!