2015 Giro Stage 7 **Spoilers**

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    mike6 wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    I imagine the GC teams will just see this as a stage to get through rather than a chance to test him. Unless there are crosswinds of course.

Tomorrow they're going to give Contador a massive working over though. As they should do.

Surely they will all ride there usual race today, and why not? Yesterday is history. Crashes happen, so do mechanicals, the teams cant neutralise a whole race cose someone gets hurt in the first week or we would never see a proper race again. If a rider is fit to start he is there to be beaten. :evil:

That's exactly what I'm saying. But the their usual race today would be to sit tight, let the sprinter's teams do most of the work and try and reserve energy for tomorrow. I can't see them trying to put Contador under pressure on a Cat 4 80km from the finish.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    According to Dan Lloyd: 35kph avg for first two hours, 7:30 for the stage. And savages keep tweeting that broken arm.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    @miketomalaris
    #Giro organisers have responded to yesterday's crash by installing higher fencing at finish.

CFC_JgaUIAE4SG_.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    @miketomalaris
    #Giro organisers have responded to yesterday's crash by installing higher fencing at finish.
    OK for the time being but 'Stupidity finds a way'.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    ** breaking news **

Contador has just ridden out of the saddle.

Slow day.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    RichN95 wrote:
    @miketomalaris
    OK for the time being but 'Stupidity finds a way'.

matthew_granger_selfie.jpg.size_.xxlarge.promo_.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    why did WTCC just come on?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Every race should have a Honey Badger to police stupidity.

video-undefined-1F7AC05E00000578-843_636x358.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    matthew_granger_selfie.jpg.size_.xxlarge.promo_.jpg[/quote]

I am really glad this guy has recorded himself spectating at a bike race, because, as we all know, no-one has ever attended a bike race before as a spectator in the entire history of mankind. :lol: A vacuous idiot.

DD.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Wonder whether Bertie's regretting this one now...
    selfie-fan1.png?w=474&h=626
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Shoulder dislocations are bloody painful. I had to tell Mum (who's a nurse) when mine came out. To carry on the next day 264km is proper hardcore mental I tell thee!
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Any bike races on today?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Any bike races on today?

No, just Contador watch.
  • RichN95.
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Any bike races on today?
    Yes. Sam Bennett won in Germany again and Owain Doull won in Fleche du Sud. There's some sort of sportif in Italy I believe.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Can we stop acting as if it actually was dislocated please and just put this one down to another over exaggeration. Clearly he's fine today, just as he was when he got back on his bike yesterday and opened that tent. It's only after it magically popped back out of its own accord when no cameras were around that it started being a " problem"

It's just a ready made excuse for failure to win now which will over shadow any clean riders who manage to drop the cheating prick and win this Giro
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    IC. wrote:
    Can we stop acting as if it actually was dislocated please and just put this one down to another over exaggeration. Clearly he's fine today, just as he was when he got back on his bike yesterday and opened that tent. It's only after it magically popped back out of its own accord when no cameras were around that it started being a " problem"

It's just a ready made excuse for failure to win now which will over shadow any clean riders who manage to drop the cheating prick and win this Giro

Well said.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Yeah that above.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • rick_chasey
    250km flat into headwind was always going to be a slow burner till the finish.
  • LeePaton
    My PTP pick goes pop. I will soldier on picking Boonen however he has to win one stage.
  • RichN95.
    Bertie doesn't seem to be having much bother standing on the pedals and swinging side to side.
  • powerbookboy
    powerbookboy Posts: 241
    IC. wrote:

Can anyone remember a GT winner who crashed during the race and went on to win? Even if it wasn't hanging out of the socket by a few shreds of mangled ligaments, crashing hard at speed is bloody painful. Who effing cares if it's a 2/10 or 9/10 dislocation?

Contador tends to make races more dynamic, I'm concerned it will be a snore fest without him. Porte historically will tank at some point, leaving Aru to walk it. Steak boy will make the race more interesting if he survives. So I for one hopes he makes it through the next week limiting his loses to something manageable.

Other opinions are of course available...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Piglio looks nice from the helicopter (that's a town not a cyclist).
  • RichN95.
    What are Tinkoff up to?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    IC. wrote:

+1

Excuse in place, so on with the race, and when its not going to plan the reason is obvious, It was his dislocated shoulder. I have had a dislocation and he would not be racing if his shoulder had been out. He is a baby, not a hard man.
  • rick_chasey
    LeePaton wrote:
    My PTP pick goes pop. I will soldier on picking Boonen however he has to win one stage.

I would probably reconsider...
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    What are Tinkoff up to?

Yeah seems bizarre.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton wrote:

NEVER!!! Blind faith and optimism are always a good strategy.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    LeePaton wrote:
    LeePaton wrote:

NEVER!!! Blind faith and optimism are always a good strategy.
    He's been dropped a while ago.
  • LeePaton
    FJS wrote:
    He's been dropped a while ago.

Yeah I forgot i paused while i nipped out earlier.
  • GentlemanBear
    GentlemanBear Posts: 280
    Contador third wheel in the peloton, standing up, rocking side to side - if he has a genuine injury then it's not bothering him