Gamin V2 - as predicted

bahzob
bahzob Posts: 2,195
As predicted here for a while now the first of the next generation of power meters that provides information not just about the number of watts you are generating but how you are producing them, which can in turn be used to make you a better rider.

http://sites.garmin.com/en-GB/vector/?utm_source=garmin_emea&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=EMEA%2C+Vector2_7108%2C+uk

Just as when power meters started to enter the market there will no doubt be those who say this is just a marketing gimmick.

As for power meters time will be the judge, I'd predict that, as proved to be the case for watts, pedalling metrics will become a standard training goal for 95%+ of coaches in the future.
Martin S. Newbury RC

Comments

• cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    Isn't this old news? Rotor's first power meter have had these metrics since its release over 2 years ago. Maybe some additional metrics with the Garmin's but as far as I know there isn't. As for the screen on the Garmins, to me breaking down the pedal stroke to that few sectors provides little insight if any into an individuals pedal stroke.

I found the Rotor info of no use. Hopefully some day though it will become useful information to improve efficiency but for now it's more useful to the manufacturers trying to differentiate the product than it is for the cyclist. Watt bikes pedal analysis does seem like it would be more useful as far as providing analysis of an individuals pedal stroke but I'm no coach so could be wrong.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I have these metrics now on my Garmin ver 1, it's interesting but I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. I can also tell my left leg becomes more dominant as I tire, again it's kinda interesting but not particularly actionable. Maybe in the future it will be, for now I wouldn't go out of my way to have these metrics.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    bahzob wrote:
    ...which can in turn be used to make you a better rider.
    How?

Did you predict the new Vector would do something the old one didn't? - give yourself a pat on the back.