Insoles recommendations please!

DKay
DKay Posts: 1,652
I recently bought a pair of Sidi Lasers and subjected them to a hilly 70mile ride out in the Yorkshire Dales after doing only reletively easy rides of around 40miles or so using them beforehand. By the end of the ride, I was beginning to experience right knee pain and could see that my knee was rolling inwards when starting the downstroke. The supplied blue Sidi footbeds seem to offer no arch support at all and I think they need to be junked.

Can anyone suggest a decent footbed? Currently looking at Specialized BGs.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    The Spesh BGs work for me in one of my shoes for some reason.. S Works shoe needs green in right foot/red in left.. dont ask me why... my Spiuk shoes just using the supplied footbeds, no discomfort.
    They are well made footbeds though for the price and have stood up well to lots of use over the months.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    as above, try the bg ones first, they aren't too expensive and are pretty good

i used them for a while, though in the end they were not quite right, i needed a cross between two levels of support to be comfy - i then tried custom moulded ones (sidas) but they were no better, lacked the 'button' of the bg ones and sagged after a whle; i finally discovered http://www.esoles.com/ which are superb, but not as easy to come by and pricey vs the bg ones, they look odd but i've used them for ages now and still no problems
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Archtec G8 insoles
  • DKay
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
  • Have you tried R Soles?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    last time i went along the kings road they'd closed, is there a new branch?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • DKay
    Have you tried R Soles?

Are they located down a dark back passage?
  • Paddyone
    Paddyone Posts: 3
    Your problem might be caused by something other than your arches.

1. Over pronation or flat feet.
    Over pronation and flat feet can be fixed with arch supports.

2. Unstable subtalar joint in the ankle.
    Subtalar joint instability will need ankle support to limit lateral movement in the ankle.

3. Unstable medial collateral ligaments in the knee.
    Medial knee ligament instability will need knee taping or support to limit lateral movement at the knee.

The best way to find out where the problem is coming from is to see a physio or osteopath.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    Paddyone wrote:
    Your problem might be caused by something other than your arches.

1. Over pronation or flat feet.
    Over pronation and flat feet can be fixed with arch supports.

2. Unstable subtalar joint in the ankle.
    Subtalar joint instability will need ankle support to limit lateral movement in the ankle.

3. Unstable medial collateral ligaments in the knee.
    Medial knee ligament instability will need knee taping or support to limit lateral movement at the knee.

The best way to find out where the problem is coming from is to see a physio or osteopath.

...maybe but my money is on arch support.
  • DKay
    My money is on arch support too. Never had knee problems with my Fizik R3s or DMTs. both of which offer more arch support.