Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Please Leave Now!

mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
In view of the rise of the SNP. The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons. I for one would like Scotland to leave the UK now.
Such a mistake last year by Cons/Lib/Lab in persuading them to stay.

I want to see all the RAF Typhoons and Tornados back in England/Wales or NI.
All the nuclear subs can come and live in Plymouth.
Royal Navy ship building to cease in Scotland and be relocated to England/Wales/NI.
The R&A can move to Royal Birkdale and The Open Championship can be played in a small rota of the 4x English courses and Royal Port Rush (NI) and Royal Porthcawl.
Scottish Whiskey to be categorised as class A drug.
Punitive import duties on Scottish Breweries.
Visa applications for any visits by Scottish citizens to the Kingdom to be submitted 12 months prior to intended visit and charged at non refundable £100.


Any other suggestions?

Scotland. Please Go.


Choke you bu66er!
scotland-cake-stur_3040114b.jpg
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
«13

Posts

  • davieseedaviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ha ha ha ha!

    :lol: :P :lol: :P

    More fun staying.

    :lol::lol::lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    What's rattled your cage? The democratic process? Is a buxxer when that produces the 'wrong' result eh?
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    orraloon wrote:
    What's rattled your cage? The democratic process? Is a buxxer when that produces the 'wrong' result eh?
    It is quite clearly the right result for Scotland, and as that tw4t Salmond said over the weekend, it does look likely that independence is inevitable. So give it them now, without any referendum. They are only going to screw the remaining UK taxpayers for every penny they can get over the next 5 year term.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ai_1ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Mr Goo wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    What's rattled your cage? The democratic process? Is a buxxer when that produces the 'wrong' result eh?
    It is quite clearly the right result for Scotland, and as that tw4t Salmond said over the weekend, it does look likely that independence is inevitable. So give it them now, without any referendum. They are only going to screw the remaining UK taxpayers for every penny they can get over the next 5 year term.
    So they have a referendum, vote to stay in and you reckon it's acceptable to choose to ignore that because they are now in a position you don't like? Really not of a democratic mindset are you?

    If it's felt there's evidence that the last referendum was not reflective of the true feelings in Scotland for various reasons and that the position has changed then a new referendum could, I suppose, be held. But it would be hard to justify so soon after the last one. You certainly couldn't justify ignoring an explicit democratic vote that rejected the proposal.
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    What's rattled your cage? The democratic process? Is a buxxer when that produces the 'wrong' result eh?
    It is quite clearly the right result for Scotland, and as that tw4t Salmond said over the weekend, it does look likely that independence is inevitable. So give it them now, without any referendum. They are only going to screw the remaining UK taxpayers for every penny they can get over the next 5 year term.
    So they have a referendum, vote to stay in and you reckon it's acceptable to choose to ignore that because they are now in a position you don't like? Really not of a democratic mindset are you?

    I think if an IN/OUT referendum was run again tomorrow the result would be different.

    Anyhow. What about England/Wales/NI also being involved in the referendum? Hardly DEMOCRATIC that the majority of the Tax payers in the UK don't have a say in it. Is it?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • aberdeenalaberdeenal Posts: 200
    [/quote]Anyhow. What about England/Wales/NI also being involved in the referendum? Hardly DEMOCRATIC that the majority of the Tax payers in the UK don't have a say in it. Is it?[/quote]

    I think you'd find that if England / Wales / NI had a say then it would be a majority "No" decision.............where would your sweeping and quite frankly idiotic statement sit then?
  • Frank the tankFrank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The reason the SNP wiped labour out in Scotland is not to do with Scottish independence but the fact the SNP were proposing opposition to the austerity policy, which labour had, to a degree signed up to.
    Tail end Charlie

    The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • verylonglegsverylonglegs Posts: 3,680
    Frank is right. Cameron should give them control of their own taxation and spending as soon as possible thus keeping them in the union and preventing the issue from dragging on imo.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    The Sep 14 referendum had a simple Yes No on full independence. Had it included a Devo Max option that would have won by a massive margin. Full fiscal autonomy.

    And why not for Wales, NI, Yorkshire, Cornwall...?

    Is about not wanting to be dictated to by shiny faced posh boys from down that Lahndahn / Chipping Norton.

    And as for your "that tw4t Salmond" I see your tw4t Salmond and raise you Michael Gove. And I do know where he hails from.
  • Gazzetta67Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Scottish 'WHISKEY" ? Anyone know of this stuff ???? I have sampled a few bottles of "Whisky" in my time 8)

    Oh and i may add the poster sounds a trifle insecure ....just saying.
  • Gazzetta67Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In view of the rise of the SNP. The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons. I for one would like Scotland to leave the UK now.
    Such a mistake last year by Cons/Lib/Lab in persuading them to stay.

    I want to see all the RAF Typhoons and Tornados back in England/Wales or NI.
    All the nuclear subs can come and live in Plymouth.
    Royal Navy ship building to cease in Scotland and be relocated to England/Wales/NI.
    The R&A can move to Royal Birkdale and The Open Championship can be played in a small rota of the 4x English courses and Royal Port Rush (NI) and Royal Porthcawl.
    Scottish Whiskey to be categorised as class A drug.
    Punitive import duties on Scottish Breweries.


    Visa applications for any visits by Scottish citizens to the Kingdom to be submitted 12 months prior to intended visit and charged at non refundable £100.


    Any other suggestions?

    Scotland. Please Go.


    Choke you bu66er!
    scotland-cake-stur_3040114b.jpg


    Strange that you forgot to mention the Oil Fields ??? - Or let me guess, you and your family will just cycle from now on and not use fuel filtered down from Scottish Waters ???.
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    What I can't fathom is how come I'm yet to speak with anyone in Business in Scotland who wants indipendance.
    I have no idea who these people are that seem to vote SNP ?
    Living MY dream.
  • cc78cc78 Posts: 599
    what an utterly tragic OP
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In view of the rise of the SNP. The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons. I for one would like Scotland to leave the UK now.
    Such a mistake last year by Cons/Lib/Lab in persuading them to stay.

    I want to see all the RAF Typhoons and Tornados back in England/Wales or NI.
    All the nuclear subs can come and live in Plymouth.
    Royal Navy ship building to cease in Scotland and be relocated to England/Wales/NI.
    The R&A can move to Royal Birkdale and The Open Championship can be played in a small rota of the 4x English courses and Royal Port Rush (NI) and Royal Porthcawl.
    Scottish Whiskey to be categorised as class A drug.
    Punitive import duties on Scottish Breweries.


    Visa applications for any visits by Scottish citizens to the Kingdom to be submitted 12 months prior to intended visit and charged at non refundable £100.


    Any other suggestions?

    Scotland. Please Go.


    Choke you bu66er!
    scotland-cake-stur_3040114b.jpg


    Strange that you forgot to mention the Oil Fields ??? - Or let me guess, you and your family will just cycle from now on and not use fuel filtered down from Scottish Waters ???.

    Scotland doesn't own the oil fields though, thats the problem for them.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,903
    The reason the SNP wiped labour out in Scotland is not to do with Scottish independence but the fact the SNP were proposing opposition to the austerity policy, which labour had, to a degree signed up to.

    Yes they were anti austerity, but are a party who have never had to pay for their promised spending.

    "For Scotland to accept fiscal autonomy without inbuilt UK-wide fiscal balancing would be tantamount to economic suicide. However, all federal systems have mechanisms for cross subsidising regions in economic need by regions in surplus. To deny that to Scotland suggests a disingenuous Mr Cameron is hoping to derail any move to Scottish Hole Rule within the UK. Either way, May 7 is a forking of the constitutional road."

    http://www.thenational.scot/news/george ... owers.2787

    Wanting your cake and eating it comes to mind.
    Anti austerity as long as someone else pays.
  • mamba80mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In view of the rise of the SNP. The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons. I for one would like Scotland to leave the UK now.

    I want to see all the RAF Typhoons and Tornados back in England/Wales or NI.
    All the nuclear subs can come and live in Plymouth.
    Royal Navy ship building to cease in Scotland and be relocated to England/Wales/NI.
    The R&A can move to Royal Birkdale and The Open Championship can be played in a small rota of the 4x English courses and Royal Port Rush (NI) and Royal Porthcawl.
    Scottish Whiskey to be categorised as class A drug.
    Punitive import duties on Scottish Breweries.
    Visa applications for any visits by Scottish citizens to the Kingdom to be submitted 12 months prior to intended visit and charged at non refundable £100.

    How can these SNP MP's do any of what you say? they are a tiny minority.

    the costs and dangers of relocating Trident are huge, devonport is also 1/2 its size from even 5 years ago, sold for housing and posh bistros , Falmouth has no suitable dockyard or decent road or rail links, these would need to be built, Milford haven is full of gas.
    there are few RAF bases left in UK, they ve been sold off.
    Where is there any ship building in england to relocate too?
    the rest of what you suggest is even more crxp.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons.

    Disruption fear eh? Gotta feeling that with a majority of 12 shiny faced Dave will face more disruption from the Euro nutters in his own ranks than anything the bogeymen and women from the north could muster. Already had the ghosts of the past airing their views in the media over weekend, e.g. Redwood, Tebbit, Howard. Oh dear.
  • Gazzetta67Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Dont you just feel the hate of the OP ? messrs Nigel & Enoch would be proud.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Dont you just feel the hate of the OP ? messrs Nigel & Enoch would be proud.

    That would be 7 times failure to be elected to Westminster 'man of the people' public school and City commodities broker Nigel I assume.

    Maybe it is only the recorded 13% of the UK electorate who are the swivel eyed looney tunes. One can only hope and pray.
  • hector88hector88 Posts: 44
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In view of the rise of the SNP. The prospect of 56 jackbooted social/nationalists from Scotland stamping around in Westminster is not very appealing. They will disrupt anything and everything in order to stifle any Government policy brought before the House of Commons. I for one would like Scotland to leave the UK now.
    Such a mistake last year by Cons/Lib/Lab in persuading them to stay.

    I want to see all the RAF Typhoons and Tornados back in England/Wales or NI.
    All the nuclear subs can come and live in Plymouth.
    Royal Navy ship building to cease in Scotland and be relocated to England/Wales/NI.
    The R&A can move to Royal Birkdale and The Open Championship can be played in a small rota of the 4x English courses and Royal Port Rush (NI) and Royal Porthcawl.
    Scottish Whiskey to be categorised as class A drug.
    Punitive import duties on Scottish Breweries.
    Visa applications for any visits by Scottish citizens to the Kingdom to be submitted 12 months prior to intended visit and charged at non refundable £100.


    Any other suggestions?

    Scotland. Please Go.


    Choke you bu66er!
    scotland-cake-stur_3040114b.jpg


    Get help. Carrying that sort of anger around is really unhealthy.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,340
    Good point hector. The antipathy felt by Sturgeon and Salmond towards England is indeed unhealthy and they should seek help.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good point hector. The antipathy felt by Sturgeon and Salmond towards England is indeed unhealthy and they should seek help.


    This is the perfect comment because when an Englishman complains about the Scots wish to leave the UK they are called all sorts of names but the abuse by these people in the parties trying to persuade the Scottish to leave the UK is at a level that is shocking considering my tax pounds pay for there kids education whilst on top of that I pay for my own kids without the support of the tax pounds I am already paying.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 24,072
    VTech wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Strange that you forgot to mention the Oil Fields ??? - Or let me guess, you and your family will just cycle from now on and not use fuel filtered down from Scottish Waters ???.

    Scotland doesn't own the oil fields though, thats the problem for them.

    That and the oil in them is useless for Petrol, we get that from our dear friends the Saudis...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ai_1ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    VTech wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good point hector. The antipathy felt by Sturgeon and Salmond towards England is indeed unhealthy and they should seek help.


    This is the perfect comment because when an Englishman complains about the Scots wish to leave the UK they are called all sorts of names but the abuse by these people in the parties trying to persuade the Scottish to leave the UK is at a level that is shocking considering my tax pounds pay for there kids education whilst on top of that I pay for my own kids without the support of the tax pounds I am already paying.
    This "my taxes pay for them" argument is surely a red herring.
    While it may be true that there's a net flow of revenue into Scotland, the reality of what that means is dictated by where you draw the borders. Everyone in the UK is either making a net gain or loss to varying degrees in terms of what they pay in tax versus what is spent on the services and infrastructure they use. Of course those at the top who pay lots of tax and use little in public services and infrastructure could be seen as net losers on that basis and feel hard done by, but in reality they require everyone else to play their part in supporting the systems providing their income and in fact their ability to sustain their positions reveals that they are in fact bigger winners than anyone.
    I believe people should do what they can to contribute and support themselves constructively, but I don't believe that they should be expected to feel gratitude to those in a position to do so more easily. It's a little different when people are making no effort to be constructive but that's a different matter. England and Scotland surely both have the same problems in that respect whether proportions differ or not.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,927
    VTech wrote:
    my tax pounds pay for there kids education whilst on top of that I pay for my own kids without the support of the tax pounds I am already paying.
    [/quote]

    The Londonite shiny faces were drumming up all sorts of fluff about the "subsidy" paid by "England" to Scotland. We may get some proper facts coming out now that the GE is out of the way, and if full fiscal autonomy indeed means changes to the amount and way Scotland spends its public finances then so be it.

    But the point should be remembered that no university tuition fees etc are policies adopted by the democratically elected representatives in Edinburgh on how they wish to spend the money they have. The London parliament could choose to do the same, or as is the case, they choose to spend their money on other priorities. HS2 anyone? Crossrail?

    Once Scotland is out of the way, I await with interest the bleating about how much subsidy goes to these ungrateful wretches from Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool.... Northern England? Only good for (shale oil production technique word which BR screen won't permit, 8 letters starts with 'fr', has 'ack' in middle and ends in 'ing'') I seem to recall. Ai_1 has a valid argument.
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I don't think like this.
    I think it's totally unfair to say that the Scots are just like the Yorkshire's with all the generosity squeezed out of them.

    I for one would like to see midges and all other other good things about Scotland, kilts, Iron-bru, Haggis etc stay firmly in the Union.
  • RideOnTime wrote:
    I for one would like to see midges and all other other good things about Scotland, kilts, Iron-bru, Haggis etc stay firmly in the Union.

    Fried Mars bars?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I for one would like to see midges and all other other good things about Scotland, kilts, Iron-bru, Haggis etc stay firmly in the Union.

    Fried Mars bars?

    cause problems with Uranus...
  • mikpemmikpem Posts: 139
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I think if an IN/OUT referendum was run again tomorrow the result would be different.

    No it wouldn't...
    Given a 1:2 choice of independance (yes/no) they voted (I don't know the figures but it was close) 46% yes to 54% no.

    Last week they were given more choice, even if they only had 4 to chose from the same 46% of yes supporters were likely to vote SNP but the remaining 54% would be split 3 ways.

    The crazy thing is it's probably now worked in their favour with a large number of SNP loudmouths taking up seats claiming that we owe them something.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,903
    orraloon wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    my tax pounds pay for there kids education whilst on top of that I pay for my own kids without the support of the tax pounds I am already paying.

    The Londonite shiny faces were drumming up all sorts of fluff about the "subsidy" paid by "England" to Scotland. We may get some proper facts coming out now that the GE is out of the way, and if full fiscal autonomy indeed means changes to the amount and way Scotland spends its public finances then so be it.

    But the point should be remembered that no university tuition fees etc are policies adopted by the democratically elected representatives in Edinburgh on how they wish to spend the money they have. The London parliament could choose to do the same, or as is the case, they choose to spend their money on other priorities. HS2 anyone? Crossrail?

    Once Scotland is out of the way, I await with interest the bleating about how much subsidy goes to these ungrateful wretches from Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool.... Northern England? Only good for (shale oil production technique word which BR screen won't permit, 8 letters starts with 'fr', has 'ack' in middle and ends in 'ing'') I seem to recall. Ai_1 has a valid argument.
    [/quote]


    No problem with Holyrood spending their money as they see fit. Prescriptions? Education? It is up to them.
    Let them have FFA so that it is their own money they're spending. At least that will stop them bleating on about everything being the fault of the English.
    I have no problem with regions getting varying amounts according to their needs.I don't expect wretches from anywhere to be grateful. It's the constant whine "It isnae fair!" from north of the border when they are getting rather a good deal that pi55es me off.
    Come on Dave, scrap Barnett and give the porridge eaters FFA.
Sign In or Register to comment.