Wiggins on desert island discs

2»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    Worth "listening again" to if you can. I enjoyed that. Kirsty Young is a good interviewer I think. The one with Brian Moore is well worth a listen for sports fans too.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,613
    Some different music choices in there, but nice that they were reflective of moments in his life rather than just what he liked.
    Whether it was a managed/scripted dialogue or not, he came across as a real nice guy.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Just listened to it and he comes across as a very, very nice bloke with an extraordinary talent that his family (with one notable exception) did their absolute utmost to nurture despite their own circumstances.

Fantastic bit of radio.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Just listened to it and he comes across as a very, very nice bloke with an extraordinary talent that his family (with one notable exception) did their absolute utmost to nurture despite their own circumstances.

Fantastic bit of radio.

I'll second that. Just listened to it on iPlayer.

I seldom listen to Desert Island Discs unless I'm interested in the guest. Bradley came across as a genuine guy, someone you'd be proud to call a friend if you were lucky enough to know him.

A pleasure to listen too, even if there was no Springsteen on his playlist :D