Are Canyon delivering according to their estimates ?

2»

Comments

• Mikey1976 wrote:
    My Aeroad had an ETA of week 19, last week.

New ETA week 26, 7 week delay.

Threw in a Message bag or something like that, worth 49 euros apparently.

Ordered mine in January, still trying to work out how to pay in Euros and save a few ££

I wouldn't accept that for a 7 week delay, its not acceptable no matter how good value it is.

*Unless its a sponsored bike and I'd accept the delay begrudgingly.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    Mikey1976 wrote:
    My Aeroad had an ETA of week 19, last week.

New ETA week 26, 7 week delay.

Threw in a Message bag or something like that, worth 49 euros apparently.

Ordered mine in January, still trying to work out how to pay in Euros and save a few ££

I wouldn't accept that for a 7 week delay, its not acceptable no matter how good value it is.

*Unless its a sponsored bike and I'd accept the delay begrudgingly.

And that is the reason I cancelled my order!!!

It's not the fact that the bike gets delayed but they don't seem to have a clue what they're doing!!! :roll:
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    E17Blade wrote:
    I got an email from Canyon today saying my Aeroad is going to be delayed two weeks. Gutted!

Good news for me! Dispatched today, so only a one week delay in the end.

Also, the shipping tracking page says it will be here on Friday - that can't be right can it? Hoping it will be obviously, but two days from Germany to here seems way too quick.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    E17Blade wrote:
    E17Blade wrote:
    I got an email from Canyon today saying my Aeroad is going to be delayed two weeks. Gutted!

Good news for me! Dispatched today, so only a one week delay in the end.

Also, the shipping tracking page says it will be here on Friday - that can't be right can it? Hoping it will be obviously, but two days from Germany to here seems way too quick.

Apparently it can be right - it is now "out for delivery" from my local depot. By a complete coincidence I have a day off work today too. BEST DAY EVER!

Good work Canyon.
  • Had the dreaded email at 1:15pm today saying my order won't be delivered next week, 5 week delay.

Thunderc*nts!
  • gdf
    gdf Posts: 26
    Had the dreaded email at 1:15pm today saying my order won't be delivered next week, 5 week delay.

Thunderc*nts!
    What have you got coming?

I have an Ultimate SLX due in a month. Really hoping it's not put back.
  • gdf wrote:
    Had the dreaded email at 1:15pm today saying my order won't be delivered next week, 5 week delay.

Thunderc*nts!
    What have you got coming?

I have an Ultimate SLX due in a month. Really hoping it's not put back.

Di2 Aeroad, think they are the only models they are having issues with.
  • madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    My Aeroad was shipped on time and arrived with me within 3 days by UPS. Emails/phone can be a bit hit and miss but I didn't have any major problems.
  • yertez
    yertez Posts: 80
    It's now mid Wk 22.
    My Canyon CF Black/Grey S is due Wk 28.

I was re-checking delivery times and saw Wk 25. So emailed Canyon who pointed out that if you select the 52/36 11-32 option instead of 11-28 it drops to Wk 25 delivery (instead of the current Wk29).

Ultegra cassettes are pretty easy to source, so tempted to switch to the 11-32.
    Would it be just the cassette that is different ?

Will come in handy for the Ventoux trip later in the year....
  • I'd guess that the rear mech would be a medium cage to run the 32 cassette, so yes probably a better option to switch and buy a 11-28 separately.
  • yertez
    It's a longer rear mech apparently.
    That said, might be glad of 11 -32 in the mountains (52 - 36 chainring)
  • yertez wrote:
    It's a longer rear mech apparently.
    That said, might be glad of 11 -32 in the mountains (52 - 36 chainring)

A 36 x 32 is a really small gear, but could be a bailout option.
    You'll probably spend more time in the 36 x 28

I'd definitely get the medium cage mech if its an option.
  • yertez
    OK, so switched to the 11-32 and hey presto bike arrived yesterday (wk 23). So that's a full 5 weeks earlier than my delivery estimate with the 11-28 (wk 28). And 1 week earlier than the estimate they gave for the 11 - 32 option.
    Went for a spin and am plenty happy with the 36 x 32 granny gear (well my previous bike is a triple).
  • gdf
    gdf Posts: 26
    My Ultimate SLX (small, stealth) arrived a few days ago, four weeks sooner than they said it would when I ordered in April, so I'm pleased! All looks good, but I've only managed to ride up and down the road on it so far. I should be able to go for a proper ride in the week.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    My Canyon SLX 8.0 Di2 arrived last Thursday 4 x days late.................still in its shipping box :-(
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    My Canyon SLX 8.0 Di2 arrived last Thursday 4 x days late.................still in its shipping box :-(
    Surely 4 days late isn't a massive disaster worthy of a frowny face!
    Plus if it's still in it's shipping box you can't have been that impatient...
  • Ah here we are week 27 in the Canyon calendar, and no sign of my Aeroad.

Was originally wk 20, then 22 and now 27. Begining to wonder if I need a Aero bike anyway. I can get nicely tucked on my Roadlite.
  • ChocTop
    ChocTop Posts: 1
    Boy am I glad I found this thread, I am one of those unlucky people who's country they refuse to ship to despite shipping to neighbouring countries.
    I was wanting to have an Aeroad shipped to Japan while on holiday, giving myself (them) an 8 week buffer to screw up within, but I even have little faith in that timeline.
    Looks like my plans for this dream bike have been scuttled again, they really do seem to make it hard :(
  • bomster
    bomster Posts: 202
    Anyone had a bike collected from Koblenz and delivered to the UK? Or anyone know of a decent international courier?
  • yertez
    Noticed recently that the 32T option (rear cassette) is lower price than the 25T option.

I bought the 32T option and it spent 95% of each of the 3 Ventoux climbs in 'granny gear' (doing the Ventoux Cingle)s. Coupled with the 7.2Kg weight, it proved to be excellent an excellent climber.