Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
And now I have visited all the suggestions Pina left in my rare serious thread, opened an email I wish I had never seen I have decided to avoid it by posting here.

happy last day everyone

PS is spinner dead from some spider bite?
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Mrs HD is out tonight and I've got my name on a massive piece of Rib eye steak, just need to stop off on the way home for some Rioja and all will be good.

Hoping for a decent ride in the morning then need to get some decking on the go.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Serious thread? What does that mean?
    Managed to ride in today, very slowly. I really couldn't be arsed to sit in traffic for another day. Roll on the long weekend, I'm hoping to do as little as possible, have to go to a colleagues wedding tomorrow, may not hang around for too long. Other than that I don't have anything planned.
    Fryday means going to the cafe to eat fried pig based products, this is good. Other than that I will be trying to get customers to buy stuff and answering a lot of stupid questions. My favourites are the ones from people that think they are experts but clearly know nothing.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Went out for "a quick one" last night and somehow ended up in a session. Nursing a moderate to bad hangover right now and supposed to be going out to see a band tonight . . . traditional Friday fish and chips in the office keeping me positive through this difficult time.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pinch punch first of the month, no returns
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    The video link I posted shows you how to remove the BB cups. Although you probably don't have the tool you can improvise, after all, it involves a commonly found device called a hammer. Then order the correct bearings and cups and fit them with loctite - refer to the video. There are options.

This will give you a good idea:

http://www.praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

or a threaded insert from Wiggle:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-bb30-conversion-kit/

?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3o7CBxFBts

Spesh pdf:

http://service.specialized.com/collater ... -Guide.pdf

Use that intelligence of yours for mechanical purposes. Have a go. Self empower yourself in the process. Wean yourself off LBS's.

Friday. Meh. No van, no baler, no work... Great innit?

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Work has been good so far

Still counting down to firstly picking up the current wife's new car and then most importantly the pub
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Skiving has been good so far

Still counting down to firstly picking up the current wife's new car and then most importantly the pub
    FTFY
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

FTFY

I'm afraid not :( not even been for any exercise
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

FTFY

You're daft enough that I almost believe you. :mrgreen:
  • 30 miles last night, cramped up quite badly on the 1.5 mile hill up to the house :cry: I put it down to not doing enough on the bike rather than hydration issues.

On the plus side I have 5 aside tonight, yeooo. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Afternoon Peeps,

Felt a bit jaded this morning after waking up with a case of 'cider sweats' in the middle of the night. Being double booked for a night out last night maybe wasn't the best plan. Managed to pedal in but bike now stuck at the LBS for the weekend as they haven't got all the parts the need to fix it.

Just had a big internal reorg announced which fortunately doesn't affect me directly. Interesting times though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

FTFY

You're daft enough that I almost believe you. :mrgreen:

Daft enough

V68 - Been on the receiving end of a wrong delivery today :(

Forgot to get some car wash stuff when in the branches this week, so rang my local branch (20 miles away) and got them to book and deliver 5l of car shampoo- they delivered car wax, impressive
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:

Forgot to get some car wash stuff when in the branches this week, so rang my local branch (20 miles away) and got them to book and deliver 5l of car shampoo- they delivered car wax, impressive
    That's irritating, but on the bright side you won't have to wash any cars. I can't remember the last time I washed our POS Audi.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

That's irritating, but on the bright side you won't have to wash any cars. I can't remember the last time I washed our POS Audi.

I like having clean cars :oops:
  • Flâneur
    Only clean thing you do like eh

Pina I could take it all apart and even put it back together, they just seemed to do a better job. To be fair to my LBS they let me watch and tell me what they are doing, and accept payment in beer rather than coin for this sort of stuff. Good group of lads in their if you treat them as people rather than just someone who gets their hands dirty on your bike.

Pub lunch for 2 hours I can't complain
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Clean cars are intrinsically linked to OCD. My car is filthy.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Quiet day looking at new wife. Then popped into Waitrose and spied potential new wife n2 but turned out she wasn't as good as TDF, who I love and will be mine forever. And I look like muck today so in all probability she would have thought that I was a mental tramp like stalker rather than the pleb I am so it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

TDV is away so sproglets are chilled out, friends popping round at 8 so quick turbo/weights session, pizza and movie with the sprogs, then take away and vino with friends. Busy day tomorrow prepping kit to go away but nothing I can't handle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I'm actually going to go out on my bike this evening instead of cleaning my car or finding a new wife. Hopefully have a few beers after our ride
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm actually going to go out on my bike this evening instead of cleaning my car or finding a new wife. Hopefully have a few beers after our ride

Well that's kinda dull. I just Veeted in the shower, but I won't tell you what parts I actually Veeted or what patterns I made out of boredom. Just so you have a mental picture of that whilst riding.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    Mrs HD is out tonight and I've got my name on a massive piece of Rib eye steak, just need to stop off on the way home for some Rioja and all will be good.

02C1E9EC-7FBF-44F7-AB2A-542297F10EE3_zpsfltfowwx.jpg

:D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Now that's a nice piece of meat my son. Chapeau.

As an aside, should Mrs HD come back a tad worse for wear tonight, and chance of some piccies of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I'm actually going to go out on my bike this evening instead of cleaning my car or finding a new wife. Hopefully have a few beers after our ride

Well that's kinda dull. I just Veeted in the shower, but I won't tell you what parts I actually Veeted or what patterns I made out of boredom. Just so you have a mental picture of that whilst riding.

mgb (unfortunate acronym for someone under 60) will have to cleanse his mind with a lengthy bike ride after infusing his grey matter with those images.
  • Flâneur
    Veet... just find a nice waxing salon!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

Find a nice body to practice on!
  • Matthewfalle
    sa0u823e wrote:

£4 for enough Veet for 1 1/2 Veets plus a free coffee and a paper when you buy a Yorkie and a Turkish Delight in conjunction with the Veet from Waitrose. That's a bargain.

You won't even get a peek at any norks from a waxing salon for a fiver..... Then again, I could tell you a story or two about a girl who would do numerous errr, tricks for a bag of chips and a can of Coca Cola.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Have you got her phone number mf?
  • homers_double
    Now that's a nice piece of meat my son. Chapeau.

As an aside, should Mrs HD come back a tad worse for wear tonight, and chance of some piccies of her norks?

Would you settle for a pic of her pussy

3EC4F43E-2665-4CDC-BEF6-74E5762E1C70_zpsulp07txx.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

£4 for enough Veet for 1 1/2 Veets plus a free coffee and a paper when you buy a Yorkie and a Turkish Delight in conjunction with the Veet from Waitrose. That's a bargain.

You see, this is the route Stevo should be taking not buying the Telegraph offer :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    sa0u823e wrote:

You see, this is the route Stevo should be taking not buying the Telegraph offer :roll:
    I thought Veet would your thing given what it's meant to be used on :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited May 2015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

I thought Veet would your thing given what it's meant to be used on :wink:

Woooosh!

MF is'nt a squarepants bean counter watcher. if you get my drift.