fm098 and fm099 venge copies

2»

Comments

• trailflow wrote:
    If i had a real Venge i would ride it and i wouldn't look twice at a fake/lookalike for 'training'. There would be nothing to gain.

unless you're racing on a sketchy course and don't really want to risk damaging your venge. crashes happen at random I know, but I can think of several races that I would not want to ride my nice bike
  • dkay wrote:
    But seriously dude, I've had enough of you to last a lifetime and you are probably prepared to stoop to depths to which I am not. So I bid you adieu.

yeah whatever shorty :lol:
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    If thats the case. Have you thought about insuring your Venge ?
  • never thought about that. how much are the insurance typically? a quick search yielded a deductible of 100-500.. I don't think it's worth it. I feel a lot better about abusing a "fenge" and not worry about a thing. I figure the thing would pay for itself in about 2 years in place of insurance, and I'd rather have 2 bikes
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    My insurance through BC for a £3k bike is approx £175 a year (that's leisure and racing).
    Not sure what venge you have, but I would seriously look at insuring it. Even if you don't race it, for a relatively low monthly figure you get piece of mind. Nothing wrong with the second bike approach, but if like me your best bike would be a significant financial burden to replace then the insurance is worth it.
    Personally I always think only race what you can afford to replace, lots of people say that and I completely agree. I also don't think there is too much wrong with Chinese imports, from a risk perspective I would be looking at purchasing the older model with the known history, but that's just because of wanting to reduce the overall risk of anything going wrong.
  • i think what I might do is get a fm098, test it against the venge, and if the difference is less than marginal, sell the venge
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    good luck with it, I'd be interested to see how things progress.
    I'm possibly thinking about doing something similar later in the year. I'm tempted by a Dengfu Disc CycloCross frame to replace my steel one.
    I'd be interested to see what your costs come in at, just thinking that with tax added on it may not end up being as much of a saving as it initially looks.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    spectastic you been an a$$ especially when people are trying to help you.

Watch the way you talk to people in future.

Topic locked.
This discussion has been closed.