Swollen foot

faarn
faarn Posts: 52
My foot has just swollen up on top of the main vein along with some bruising and tenderness. I didn't drop anything on it and it is about the size of a medium sized egg cut in half so fairly swollen but localised. I did notice yesterday that the strap on my cycling shoe was rubbing on the same vein but not enough for me to stop and adjust it (just slightly uncomfortable).

So first question is, has anyone had their vein "burst", albeit delayed, from a rubbing tight shoe?

Second is, do I need to get a better pair of shoes (currently using basic Exustar triathlon shoe).

Comments

• BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    I dNot think its a question of getting a better pair of shoes, you need a pair that fits. And even with a pair that fit properly you need to ensure your sock is on properly and the show is attached.

I have a pair of S Works shoes. At the end of the toe there is a thin but of material. Sometimes if I rush putting them on they thin bit is bent and this can rub against the shoe. Similarly the other day I did an indoor session and my sock was not correctly put on and this turn the underneath of my foot. My shoes are not cheap but they work well only when I use them properly.
  • faarn
    Swelling gone today (still black) so went for another ride. Shoe was fine so i don't think it was related. Thinking about it I did drop a pear on my foot and it must have trapped a vein against the bone. Very bizarre and weird, taken out by a fruit!!
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    I didn't drop anything on it
    Thinking about it I did drop a pear on my foot

Has anyone ever ventured the opinion that you might, just possibly, be a fool?
  • faarn
    Come on, a pear? If i'd dropped a feather I too wouldn't have thought anything about it, it wasn't heavy and didn't hurt at the time. I could be be a gooseberry fool, I like those.
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    :lol:

Don't buy any pineapples....!