Gent - Wevelgem *spoilers*

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited March 2015
    TRACTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is this doesn't look like a protest, it just looks like farmers appreciating the racing. They need to block a motorway or something not just turn up to watch a cycle race.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • #shutupfarmers
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Gap coming down to Roelandts.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited March 2015
    Oss and Paolini haven't quite made it back yet, Oss looks like he might be done. Debusschere made it back though.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Come on Paolini, lets do this.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Oss looks ossified... there I said it again hahah
    www.dotcycling.com
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    TRACTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is this doesn't look like a protest, it just looks like farmers appreciating the racing. They need to block a motorway or something not just turn up to watch a cycle race.

lol yeah, my mrs just asked why all the Tractor drivers were watching and cheering.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Paolini's done I think. :(
  • Sagan at the back of the peloton, poor show
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Damn, thought they'd done enough to shed Debusschere
  • adr82
    Paolini is back in!
  • milton50
    Paolini made it back. Legend.

Going to have to attack Debusschere.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Climbed the Kemmelberg with the family several years back, before I stared following proraces and didn't know it was significant. MM Junior aged 9 climbed better than some of the overgeared mamils.
    The descent is quite tricky.
  • frenchfighter
    Sagan at the back of the peloton, poor show

Yeah it is pretty unreal although he said he hated the weather.

I reckon it could be the biggest bluff ever this show of nearly there...so they do not chase him down at every opportunity during the big two to come.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Paolini will take his leg warmers off with 4.35km to go.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • adr82
    Gap is coming down a lot, now 1' 12"
  • frenchfighter
    Chavanel - not sure what his plan is unless he doesn't have proper time gaps. Maybe just wants to stretch his legs. Career went slowly downhill since leaving OPQS.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sagan at the back of the peloton, poor show

Yeah it is pretty unreal although he said he hated the weather.

I reckon it could be the biggest bluff ever this show of nearly there...so they do not chase him down at every opportunity during the big two to come.

I will eat a hat of your choosing if this proves to be the case

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Under a minute to Roelandts.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Under a minute now. Can't see him holding on now.
  • adr82
    Vandenbergh really pushing now, gap under a minute at 31k
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Chavanel - not sure what his plan is unless he doesn't have proper time gaps. Maybe just wants to stretch his legs. Career went slowly downhill since leaving OPQS.

Naah, it's terrible weather isn't it? Eventually your brain shuts down and you simply rely on your instincts. Unfortunately for Chavenal, his only instinct is to attack...
  • milton50
    They'll catch Roelandts but great ride.

It's another E3 situation for Geraint. He needs to get rid of the better sprinter before the line.
  • adr82
    Oss is still dangling 20 or so seconds off the back
  • Milton50 wrote:

It's another E3 situation for Geraint. He needs to get rid of the better sprinter before the line.
    Debuscherre surely favourite for this now, he won't have done a tap in that group

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    Milton50 wrote:

Debuscherre surely favourite for this now, he won't have done a tap in that group

But there's some strong riders who will keep attacking him...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Some ride by Oss, he's pegging them there. I know from bitter experience (dangling off the back in road races) how horrible that is.
  • frenchfighter
    Haha Debu... trying to slow it down when he rolls through so G gives him a talking to.

Hope J R holds out.

Stannard needs to find his A-game quickly otherwise he is going to be looking very expensive with his pay rise.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    40" @ 23k, creeping down slowly
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    edited March 2015
    I love seeing this race go under the Menen Gate and past the British cemetery.

Edit: Past Hellfire Corner and Hill 60 too

@gietvangent