Fulcrum Racing 5 LG CX Wheels for £145? I did

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    dcurzon wrote:
    dcurzon wrote:
    Either way, its a massive saving from my current wheels, which i'll properly weigh in when stripped. My estimate is F 1.2kg R 2kg

Your estimate don't make any sense. A rear wheel built on Alfine 11 gear hub weighs just over 2 Kg, so yours is for sure a lot less

Maybe. The bike is a Btwin Sport1, bought from Decathlon in 2011, and whatever wheels were fitted when it rolled out of the store are the ones that are currently on it. I did weigh in the front wheel, but at the time it had tube and tyre, pretty sure it was 1.7kg. I'll check my scales and weight them in bare anyway. :) either way, the rear had been pinging spokes so needed replacing

The rear wheel will probably be 200 grams heavier than the front so 1 and 1.2 Kg sounds about right
    left the forum March 2023
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    old 23mm Gatorskin (wire bead) went on up front just fine. I noticed some damage on the sidewall of the tyre, so needs replacing.

Haven't tried the rear, but i have a 23mm folding Gatorskin to pop on there (will also need replacing, turbo has mullered it)
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)