Can't find a 4K Road Bike

2»

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    There's a Colnago M10 for £999 on EBay, New from UK distributors. Decent starting point and plenty left for Chorus, shamal mille wheels and deda carbon finishing kit.
    Hang on, how can you want to spend 4k but not known on what ?
    If you know what you'd spend £1500 I could swap with you !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Bianchi_Infinito_CV.html
    That would be my choice with that budget
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Athena on a bike worth £3.3k!? It's a fine groupset, but you can assemble the carbon version yourself at retail prices for under £500.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    holiver wrote:
    Athena on a bike worth £3.3k!? It's a fine groupset, but you can assemble the carbon version yourself at retail prices for under £500.

True
    Yes they're pretty but there's other pretty bikes that are much better vfm.
    Pick a frame and components with that budget.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Completely counter intuitive but please note that the Wilier integrated seat post is designed to be capable of being cut off and a normal post can be inserted . Seems like vandalism but gets around the issue of packing in a bike box. Let's you stick with your lbs if that is an issue for you.

Peter
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    How about something a bit less conventional? You could have an Enigma Excel 1.1, and £1 change. http://www.enigmabikes.com/collections/fast-endurance/products/complete-bike-excel They get very good reviews, although I'm not sure how their performance would stand up to a £4K carbon framed bike? I've got my eye on an Excel 1.3, but at nearly six grand, I'll be saving the pennies for a bit longer yet...