Relaxation?

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I find the best way to relax is to navel gaze and ponder my own miserable existence having achieved little for mankind, my local community or the environment.
    Relax?! Is this a modern phenomena of the bored?

Relax because of what exactly, why the need? Pressure is not stress and stress is not necessarily a bad thing.

Long term stress causing panic, depression, anxiety, poor sleep is another thing entirely but 'relaaaaxing' is that the cure? Fix the causes rather than the symptoms.

The route to happiness is kindness, everything else is a meaningless pursuit of the promoted, marketed illusion of self-expression, want and acquisition - the idea of 'me' time simply massages the ego and reinforces the egocentric lifestyle to which we have all bought into.

Sorry to piddle on yer chips.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Stress Is a bad thing, stress causes high blood glucose, high blood glucose produces anxiety, Relaxation lowers blood sugar, lower blood sugar reduces anxiety

Thanks for all your ideas on how you relax, I have been trying some of these.

Raining and blowing a gale again MrP?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    team47b wrote:
    Stress Is a bad thing, stress causes high blood glucose, high blood glucose produces anxiety, Relaxation lowers blood sugar, lower blood sugar reduces anxiety

Thanks for all your ideas on how you relax, I have been trying some of these.

Raining and blowing a gale again MrP?

Yup :roll:

We need to differentiate between a bit of pressure and real stress. Not short term but long term stress that affects diet, sleep, relationships, mood etc.

Care to find an adjective?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    185mg/dl :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike