Knee pain

GSSK
GSSK Posts: 26
For the past 2 or 3 rides it seems that my left knee starts to have pain in it when I bend it or put pressure on it shortly after the ride, my right knee feels no different. Anyone got any pointers where to look to correct it? I've been cycling for about 10 months now and this is the first instances of knee pain I've had.

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    could be a many things, possibly tendonitis caused by the muscle pulling on the tendons. Unless you throw that leg differently when riding.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Have you changed anything in the past month or so ?

If you have adjusted the bike setup, changed to clipless pedals, started riding a lot faster / further, not had enough rest days for the body to recover etc.

Do you have any pre existing knee problems ?
  • GSSK
    GSSK Posts: 26
    Nope, nothing in setup has changed.
    The frequency at which I ride has dramatically changed at the moment, normally only around once a week due to time constraints.
    I'm not aware of any existing knee issues either.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you are riding a lot more you may just have over done it or you need to look at your bike setup as riding more often / further shows up bike setup problems more.

Have a read on bike setup , especially setting saddle height, using KOPS to help get the saddle fore / aft position better suited for you. If you are using cleats / pedals you need to clip Into these can take a while to get right and just using normal flat pedals will let your feet find their position naturally which can help if it gets too bad.

If that is the problem it will take a few rides to start sorting things out.