Viviani

2»

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    It is worth noting that different eras are not exactly comparable particularly when many of those riders from years gone by rode the track to earn some extra cash.

By earn some extra cash you mean win the World individual pursuit twice? Not the same thing as showing up for some end of season money spinners on some random Belgian circuit. He was a serious trackie.

More recently Ekimov was a World champion trackie. As was Moser. And one of the few clean riders of the noughties era, Brad McGee.

As for Cyclo Cross, De Vlaeminck has already been mentioned, but one of my all time favs Adri Van der Poel, won once and was a bridesmaid 5 times at the World Championships (to add to his proper WC silver behind Lemond).

Boy the Dutch could do with another Van der Poel now...
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Timoid. wrote:

His son is looking a bit good. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Gweeds wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Yeah, just looked him up. His maternal grandfather is Poulidor! Helluva bloodline.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Timoid. wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Yeah, just looked him up. His maternal grandfather is Poulidor! Helluva bloodline.

Jeez - I had no idea about Poulidor!! Genes for the win.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It is worth noting that different eras are not exactly comparable particularly when many of those riders from years gone by rode the track to earn some extra cash.

I imagine many do now. What other reason would a WT pro have for riding at one of the revolution events