Viviani

inseine
inseine Posts: 5,786
edited February 2015 in Pro race
Just watched Viviani in sparkling form at the world track champs.
Wonder what his next road race is?
(I know there's a track section but no one seems to post on it)

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I saw the elimination race and that was a cracker - especially when it got down to the last four. Gaviria looks the class act though. Are GB really going to go with Dibben at the Olympics? He's OK, but it's annoying that we can't see Cavendish have a crack.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Did Gaviria win anything? These trackie road racers annoy me. Same as these cyclo cross road riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Did Gaviria win anything? These trackie road racers annoy me. Same as these cyclo cross road riders.
    Gaviria, you may remember, outsprinted Cavendish twice in Argentina last month.
  • inseine
    Gaviria is leading the elimination because although Viviana smashed the scratch and elimination apparently can't TT. Gaviria rode a really good pursuit, Viviana less so and unfortunately Dibben only managed 15th.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Did Gaviria win anything? These trackie road racers annoy me. Same as these cyclo cross road riders.
    You should have been around to see Roger De Vlaeminck. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95 wrote:

Yes. I meant in the track races this week.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Gaviria is going for tests at EQS next week.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

He's doing the Omnium (along with Viviani). He's currently leading and looking good doing it.

Edit: He's now World Champion.
  • inseine
    RichN95 wrote:

World champion good enough?
  • I am asking for information sake not for being facetious.

Thanks Rich.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    I am asking for information sake not for being facetious.

Thanks Rich.

I see, so he's still annoying then?
  • In general yes I find them annoying.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    In general yes I find them annoying.

fair enough 8)
  • I like to see roadies and cross riders doing track. The disciplines were never mutually exclusive back in the day and for a road sprinter it may help sharpen the saw so to speak.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Etixx must have the most riders on their team who have been World Champion?

Kwia, Gaviria, Stybar, Cav, Martin, Boonen, I'm sure there's more
  • RichN95.
    Etixx must have the most riders on their team who have been World Champion?

Kwia, Gaviria, Stybar, Cav, Martin, Boonen, I'm sure there's more
    Gaviria hasn't joined them yet has he?

They've been World TTT Champions twice, too.
  • Haha I'll post again next week.... It was a list off the top of my head as well.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    How often do they have to ride track or cross to be annoying? Or are they permanently annoying if they've ever ridden on anything other than the road? Is Cavendish still annoying? Wiggins? Stybar?

Interesting that Viviani is now widely considered a roadie who rides the track, whereas I still had him down as a trackie that rides on the road.

That elimination race was bloody brilliant by the way.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I think its quite refreshing seeing riders being involved in more than one aspect of cycle sport. :)

B2y23yaCIAAMHJf.jpg
  • Didn't reaslise he had gone to Herne Hill as well as the talk at Dulwich College. Quality guy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Didn't reaslise he had gone to Herne Hill as well as the talk at Dulwich College. Quality guy.
    He went round to your house for a cup of tea and a chat too, but you were out.
  • Shame too as I had been hanging onto to my cardboard banner.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Photos from Contador at HH:
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ery-145355

Unfortunately majority of the people there were Saxo staff and guests.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Shame too as I had been hanging onto to my cardboard banner.

This one? 2014-07-07203930_zps19b343de.jpg

It was a cracking thread. Well worth a reread.

Br8oxwCIUAAMh_S.jpg
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12974889&start=120#p18946731

989D4DB6-62ED-4130-9452-367EF2A4436D_zpsyiunzqji.jpg
    It's not about the numbers, unless you want a Vino selfie
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Marianne Vos must really irritate you! If only she would pick a discipline so she could get properly good at it instead of being mediocre at them all...... :roll:

Seriously though. Why would it be annoying that a rider competes in more than one discipline? Sounds a very strange idea to me!
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    What the French call a coureur complet. Having seen Hugh Porter, for example, race cyclocross and road as well as track and being, just about, old enough to remember tv coverage of Simpson on the track it used to be the norm for everyone from club riders to pros to have a go at everything.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Coppi was a multiple track champion.

Just saying...
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • It is worth noting that different eras are not exactly comparable particularly when many of those riders from years gone by rode the track to earn some extra cash.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    It is worth noting that different eras are not exactly comparable particularly when many of those riders from years gone by rode the track to earn some extra cash.
    That doesn't explain why you object to current riders participating in multiple disciplines.
  • And neither do I need to explain.
    Contador is the Greatest