Migraine and Cycling

2»

Comments

• squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    As someone who suffers acute and chronic migraines (current one has been running since the end of December) this is an interesting thread. I've certainly found with mine that shorter bike rides make no difference. What I have found though is that if I go out for 2+ hours at light to moderate levels it can do wonders for my head, but that is more specific to the chronic migraines.

Some of my worst acute migraine experiences have been triggered by flying. One particular flight to Mexico was particularly bad, with me in a terrible state, constantly vomitting, then having to get through the Border Control trying to look as healthy as possible. Possibly one of the worst experiences of my life.

I think a lot of people don't really understand until they see you when a bad one comes on. I know that happened when I was on a work trip abroad with two board members and ended up spending a few hours in pitch black in the medical room of a company we were visiting. It really hit home to then what was happening if I was off work one day with a migraine.