Colnago C60 build

Dick Scruttock
Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
edited June 2015 in Your road bikes
Just building up my Colnago C60 at the minute. Its a beautiful frame and has replaced my S-Works SL-4.

Spec will be as follows:
Colnago C60 52S RSCG,
Super Record EPS groupset,
Campagnolo Shamal Mille wheels,
Fizik saddle.

Still need a few major bits like wheels but I will update it with full photos when they arrive.

0128493F-8A67-4715-BE31-64C2CFD9E001.jpg
B0EBF877-91A2-4DE1-ABD9-2F212926FC2E.jpg

Initial impressions of the EPS are that the shifters feel nice but its a massive PITA to install, Shimano have it wrapped up with the Di2 cabling.

Comments

• Very nice

What size / weight is it?

Look forward to seeing the finished build
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    Very nice

What size / weight is it?

Look forward to seeing the finished build

Its a 52 sloping. Never weighed it I'm afraid as I got sidetracked fitted the bastard EPS battery in the seat tube.
  • That's a cracker! Looking forward to seeing it built :D

I'm planning on getting one soon as soon as I clear my credit card debt :mrgreen:

Just out of interest, what height & in-seem are you if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers
  • I am 177cm tall and have a 83cm in-seam.

I looked around, asked experienced people and sat on a 52S. I could have got on a 50S I'm sure of that but I would have needed a stack of spacers under the stem and a 135-140mm stem. The 52S I should be able to run little or no spacers and a 110-120mm stem.
  • Looking forward to the build, please include plenty of photos, much appreciated.

Good to see you have the Colnago cap as well lol.

Just need the lottery to come up and I'm good to go also.

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very nice,i am waiting for mine to arrive :D
    is the battery hard to fit?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Look forward to the full thing when it's built up. What makes EPS such a pita to install? As you've said, Di2 is a total doddle.
  • With the Di2 you choose wire length and then just connect it up. Eps has one wire length fits all so I have loads of excess floating inside my frame. Also the battery is a pain to fit, I refuse to spend ££££ buying the campagnolo tool so I used a length of threaded rod and then you have to sort the wiring out so they don't all tangle up before passing them through the frame. Connectors are really fiddly compared to Di2 as well.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Interesting. Cheers for the reply.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    With the Di2 you choose wire length and then just connect it up. Eps has one wire length fits all so I have loads of excess floating inside my frame. Also the battery is a pain to fit, I refuse to spend ££££ buying the campagnolo tool so I used a length of threaded rod and then you have to sort the wiring out so they don't all tangle up before passing them through the frame. Connectors are really fiddly compared to Di2 as well.

Bright side - it's campag ;)

Nice frame
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    matthew h wrote:
    With the Di2 you choose wire length and then just connect it up. Eps has one wire length fits all so I have loads of excess floating inside my frame. Also the battery is a pain to fit, I refuse to spend ££££ buying the campagnolo tool so I used a length of threaded rod and then you have to sort the wiring out so they don't all tangle up before passing them through the frame. Connectors are really fiddly compared to Di2 as well.

Bright side - it's campag ;)

Nice frame

Dark side - I used a factory bike with factory fitted EPS at Ironman Italian and it was average. Sorry.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Been steadily buying parts:
    05229866-7B3A-4EEC-A7C5-1AADDDEAB504.jpg
    Need to tape the bars and neaten up the EPS wires around the bars then I will chop the steer, I have left it massive on purpose. Got the bubble wrap on the tubes to stop the bars whacking them while I am building it up!
    4AF89EF6-4FEF-4F0A-B1C2-6141E2F9EF6F.jpg
    Just need a cassette, chain and wheels then its ready, I cannot wait :D
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Oh my. Like your mountain bike builds, this will be epic.
  • holiver wrote:
    Oh my. Like your mountain bike builds, this will be epic.

Thank you for the kind comment :oops:
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Lovely job - that really is a stunning looking bike.

But then I would say that :wink:

Rich
  • Lovely, just lovely...
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    DIES
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    "Interesting" name change...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Dick Scruttock

Down to the readers bike thing on the front page and bike thefts.

Inspired by Mark and Lard :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Down to the readers bike thing on the front page and bike thefts.

Inspired by Mark and Lard :D

Suspected as much, and wondered about that whole thing. Did they seek permission from the owners, or not required?

Also, simple tip instead of the bubble wrap (although that helps, but is a faff) - long rubber band over tyre valve, up round the down tube and hooked on from other side will largely stop the fork spinning uncontrollably while you fettle..

Lovely bike btw... reminds me of Faster in sig... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • clu
    clu Posts: 89
    Love the bike very classy, you've done a great job.

I have a question though. Your frame has a gloss finish, but on the colnago website the frame has a matte finish and there's a subtle difference in the decals (on the chain stay). I prefer gloss finishes on frames they look so much better than matte finishes. Was the frame supplied by a uk dealer or did you have to source it from abroad and is the frame from an earlier production run?

Once again great bike.
    2004 Trek 5500 OCLV
    2014 Cervelo R3 Black/Blue
    2018 Cervelo R3 Disc Navy/Red
    2018 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Grey
    2020 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Matte Navy
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Very nice build indeed. I saw the C60 60th Anniversary during the week, with SR and Boras. Looked good but just thought the matt silver and gun metal grey was a tad dull. See below.

ColnagoC60Anniv.jpeg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Clu wrote:
    Love the bike very classy, you've done a great job.

I have a question though. Your frame has a gloss finish, but on the colnago website the frame has a matte finish and there's a subtle difference in the decals (on the chain stay). I prefer gloss finishes on frames they look so much better than matte finishes. Was the frame supplied by a uk dealer or did you have to source it from abroad and is the frame from an earlier production run?

Once again great bike.

I believe the website is not up to date and this colour will be offered for 2015. It was bought in the UK.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you got some nice pics of the final build?

I was always envious of the rest of your collection of bikes. Presume it's an utter delight to ride?
    [edit]Post number 4000. Time to get a life.[edit]
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Very nice build indeed. I saw the C60 60th Anniversary during the week, with SR and Boras. Looked good but just thought the matt silver and gun metal grey was a tad dull. See below.

ColnagoC60Anniv.jpeg

Wow, I love the look of that.
  • Dick Scruttock
    coriordan wrote:
    Have you got some nice pics of the final build?

Its not quite finished yet, I just need a few more parts, namely wheels, tyres and a cassette.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Just waiting for the cassette now which will be here this week and then its done:
    9A565A91-7D16-4F62-B1F8-0539365A4278.jpg
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very nice.
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Hope you don't mind me saying but the seatpost you have isn't the one supplied for the RSCG. Did you source it separately?
  • Dick Scruttock
    beetle1 wrote:
    Hope you don't mind me saying but the seatpost you have isn't the one supplied for the RSCG. Did you source it separately?

I will check it tomorrow but it was sourced with the frame. I never noticed the difference until I looked at the photos closely. Thanks for pointing it out.