The BodyCoach

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
Hi all,

Came across this guy on the askmen website, seems quite impressive. Has anyone used this chap or something similar they could recommend ? I am looking to drop 10kg from 94 kg & am thinking of using this guy. ( I think it’s about £150 for the 90 day programme)

Any opinions / suggestion gratefully received.

http://www.thebodycoach.co.uk/90daysss.asp

Cheers
:D
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    How tall are you out of interest?
  • shedhead
    Hi,

I'm 6'1" & I used to play semi-pro football & when I finished I started cycling. I don't have a "racing snake" build but would like to get down to the weight mentioned properly & so retaining good muscle tone & power.

I commute 4 days a week 15 miles each way on a fixed road bike in winter, then geared and longer routes in summer.

I don't really have much if any experience using hr training zones etc, but I have been using a watt bike at the gym for a few months & I do have a polar cs500 for my geared bike.

Thanks
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Could you not just cut x amount of calories out of your diet? I put on 3kg throughout December and new year, I ate sensibly through January and the 3kg was gone inside the month. I just planned meals, made sure they were reasonably healthy, cut out snacks and only ate chocolate as a treat.
  • shedhead
    Hi,

Yes, I am really watching my intake & am still dry for 1st jan. I do know what I should and shouldn't eat & when, but thought it may help me to have a structured plan & someone saying "right, eat this now, eat that then, train to this level today" etc.

Cheers
  • I'll basically tell you how that works...

You eat 3 meals a day, mainly chicken, red meat, fish etc and loads of vegtables. You also are required to eat 2 snacks during the day also. You sacrifice the alcohol for the whole of the programme, i found that a bit annoying especially on the run up to Christmas but i have dropped over a stone so far. I'm currently mid way through cycle 2 of 3. The good thing about it for me was the fact that i was eating more food than normal, but just it was good fresh food. None of the meals took any more than 10/15 minutes from scratch and the sheer varity menat that you never got bored of what you were eating.

You supplement that by HiiT training for 20 minutes each day, that could be sprints, rowing machine, stationary bike of other exercises to get the heart rate up for at least 30 seconds at a time.

He's on facebook, Twitter and instagram. My advice to you would be to follow those accounts and see for yourself if the transformation in the people who have been there before you is what you're after.

Hope that helps.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    shedhead wrote:
    Hi,

Yes, I am really watching my intake & am still dry for 1st jan. I do know what I should and shouldn't eat & when, but thought it may help me to have a structured plan & someone saying "right, eat this now, eat that then, train to this level today" etc.

Cheers

I think you will be disappointed. If you have Gym membership I'd have thought a PT would have bitten your arm off to put a plan together for less than that. Have a chat to one and see if they do "private" work. Macros (45/35/20 ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fats) are really for body builders looking to get lean. Its highly disciplined and has to be done at the correct time and inline with training. You can't go near any "Energy" supplements which can be a pain if you are doing distance cycling.

5:2 diet will deliver that goal in 3 months and is a piece of p*** to follow. Supplement that with a decent training plan focused on your fitness goals not your weight loss goals and you wont need someone remote coaching you.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    myfitnesspal

Download it to your smart phone and stick to the limits. It'll educate you as to what you should be eating.
    And its free.

Of course spending £150 might mean you eat £150 less of food....
  • shedhead
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, I will have a think about your comments. Going to the gym tonight, there is a guy there who is an instructor at the new Derby velodrome who has given me some advice on the wattbike, so I will have a chat with him if he is there.

Cheers
  • Keep a food diary, reduce your calorie intake by 500 a day or 3500 a week.
    Substitute one bad thing in your diet for something healthy every week.
    Exercise more.
    £150 please.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • shedhead
    Thanks for the suggestion sloppy , the cheque is in the post :D

Did I dream it, or is there a guy on here who does online nutrition / training ? I would like the training aspect to involve some gym work to as well as being cycling specific, as I do not race.

Cheers
  • diy
    be honest - do you just want to get ripped :lol: if so lots of training plans on bodybuilding.com

A mix of cycle specific and all over body lean/functional strength training could work since you are not looking to race specific cycling performance.
  • shedhead
    A mix of cycle specific and all over body lean/functional strength training could work since you are not looking to race specific cycling performance.[/quote]

Well, this would be ideal yes, are there some plans for this on the site you suggest ? I suppose ripped is one term, probably better cycling performance with much better muscle tone / definition

Cheers
  • Nothing against BodyCoach - never heard anything about them so I couldn't comment on their service.

Check out Adam Gethin - He does a lot of transformation work and he has an incredible pool of knowledge and experience in getting results.

He's also a looooot cheaper. £60 ish for full support 6-8 weeks or so aimed at getting whatever adaptations you want. Follow what he says and you'll get there.
  • This is the crack . i have been around 12stone since 18 years old up to 12st 7 lbs when doing weights and running , 10 st 10 when running only (this included fasting and the Nathan Pritikin diet) done most of the diets over the last 30 years.I am now 53 cycling regularly and around 11st 12lbs this is what I have learnt over all that time
    " Eat today what you are going to eat for the rest of your life "
    regards
    ILG
  • shedhead
    Hi Kaleina,

Just had a quick look at Adam's site & looks pretty good, have you used him & which plan did you go for & did it get you to be where you wanted to be ?
  • diy
    Honestly I think some of those girls look better before.
  • shedhead
    Ok Kaliena,

Just pushed the button & joined Adam's site for the 56 day challenge ! on your head be it. I'll let you know how I get on, :D