Watt Bike - Recording Sessions

ajkerr73
ajkerr73 Posts: 318
How does everyone record the details of Watt Bike sessions?

I'm using bikes in the gym so don't always sit on the same one.

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • I think you can record back to your Garmin (haven't tried it yet, but will be giving it a go this week)

http://vimeo.com/75855098
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    You can save the data/a profile on a USB stick. Download the software from the wattbike site. Be warned it's not very user friendly - all sorts of overly techincal stuff on there.
  • Ajkerr73 wrote:

You can record all the data via your Garmin, I have a 1000 unit and there is not much you can't record
  • ajkerr73
    Starsboy wrote:
    Ajkerr73 wrote:

You can record all the data via your Garmin, I have a 1000 unit and there is not much you can't record

So is it just a case of pairing the bike with the Garmin?

I've got an 810
  • Think so, according to the video.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Where it becomes a ballache is if there are several wattbikes in close proximity, as unless you have already paired with the one you are on then it will pick up multiple power / cadence readings and go completely haywire. Fortunately my gym only has two so I have each bike saved as a bike on my Garmin and it is pretty straightforward just selecting the right one.
  • ajkerr73
    BigMat wrote:
    Where it becomes a ballache is if there are several wattbikes in close proximity, as unless you have already paired with the one you are on then it will pick up multiple power / cadence readings and go completely haywire. Fortunately my gym only has two so I have each bike saved as a bike on my Garmin and it is pretty straightforward just selecting the right one.

Excellent!!

Cheers people
  • fixiebob
    fixiebob Posts: 222
    Hi

I am fortunate to have my own wattbike, I use trainerroad software and laptop.
    You need a usb ant+ stick I use the one I got with my Garmin Forerunner but they are inexpensive, then once you've paired with wattbike you can choose from hundreds of different sessions and workout plans.
    Once you finish it automatically saves and you can download it and add to Strava and Garmin connect.

Rob