Last team to win

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    The_Boy wrote:
    Paging Rich, The_Boy and Cal stewart: Astana are down, Astana are down.

I did try and change my selection to Lampre, but I suppose the correct thing would be for me to just accept my failure.

I've got Lampre, but think they might pick up a stage in Oman... :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There's a full week coming up. So who are the remaining six fielding?

15th Feb Clasica Almeria (AG2R - Bardet, FdJ - Vichot)
    17th Feb Tour of Oman (Tinkoff - Sagan, FdJ - Pinot, Lampre - Costa)
    18th Feb Andulacia (Tinkoff - Contador, AG2r - Bardet, LottoNL - Kelderman)
    18th Feb Algarve (Cannondale are doing this one)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    LottoNL have hopes for my man Hofland in the sprints in the coming week...
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    Lampre have scored in a one day race in Italy. So we're down to five. Tinkoff look a good bet to be the next off the list.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Lampre have scored in a one day race in Italy. So we're down to five. Tinkoff look a good bet to be the next off the list.

Hmm, was hoping that Dan won today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    AG2R off the list. Three way fight now. It's looking bleak for Vaughters.
  • I have only seen Garmin in one race this season. Dan Martin needs a proper team really.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    I have only seen Garmin in one race this season. Dan Martin needs a proper team really.
    Although being a big fish in a small pond has it's advantages. As long as he has Hesjedal he has support.
  • ridgerider
    Today could be the day for Jumbo...

(hopefully not for the purposes of this competition!)
    Half man, Half bike
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Still a couple in the running isnt there?
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • RichN95.
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Still a couple in the running isnt there?
    FdJ, LottoNL and Cannondale-Garmin
  • ridgerider
    I'll be in NL for Easter to witness hofland bringing home the first jumbo win of the year in the Volta Limburg should Sep continue to puncture over the coming weeks. Does that race qualify?
    Half man, Half bike
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Ridgerider wrote:
    I'll be in NL for Easter to witness hofland bringing home the first jumbo win of the year in the Volta Limburg should Sep continue to puncture over the coming weeks. Does that race qualify?

Any race will do... Sep needs to stop using those yellow wall tyres...
  • RichN95.
    Ridgerider wrote:
    All UCI classified races count (that excludes nationals) so Limburg definitely qualifies. I think they'll score before then though.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Funny that G-C just totally blanked HN and KBK.

Not more that 2 years ago they were replete with northern European strongmen (not that they won a whole heck of a lot) like Van Summern, Rosslere, Klier, etc. etc.

Are they just a GC/GT and hilly 1-day-race team now?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • ridgerider
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    All UCI classified races count (that excludes nationals) so Limburg definitely qualifies. I think they'll score before then though.

Ye of little faith!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Three teams still searching for a win
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Three teams still searching for a win

Going to be a very dry year for all 3 of them I think.

Lotto getting closer in lower level races, but still cant win. I fear for the team.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • ridgerider
    Saturday April 4, Eijsden: I will be there to witness Hofland give Jumbo their first win of the year.
    Half man, Half bike
  • RichN95.
    Ben King wins for Cannondale Garmin

So we have a battle of the lotteries FdJ v Lotto NL. Both honestly advertising how rare wins are on lotteries.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ha good one! Fdj kit is poor compared to previous years which cant help matters (Lotto kit possibly the worst). Look out for Pinot tomorrow - may be one for him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    My man Peanut will get the wins!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ridgerider
    ATC, dont forget, it's the last team to win that Wins this chipper monument!

Whilst celebrating with Moreno next Saturday, I will mention to Lau that he gets your sympathy for looking so ugly! :P
    Half man, Half bike
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ridgerider wrote:
    ATC, dont forget, it's the last team to win that Wins this chipper monument!

Whilst celebrating with Moreno next Saturday, I will mention to Lau that he gets your sympathy for looking so ugly! :P

OK my man Peanut won't get the wins! Poor Laurens, he is according to a friend of mine who went to school with him, a lovely man. And as someone who can produce fine snot rockets with alarming regularity he has my sympathy.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Saturday April 4, Eijsden: I will be there to witness Hofland give Jumbo their first win of the year.
    The "Mini" Amstel Gold race on the day before Flanders were the big boys are.
    the only Dutch formation at World Tour level
    So this must be their best chance. ?
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • ridgerider
    Luckily BMC have entered so it wont be a walk over. Also in the mix will be Rebellin, Schumacher, Gerdmann, Cunego and Wegmann.

I did the sportive the day after last year. 16 hills in 100 miles, not a flat road all day!
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    Of course I need Fdj to win GW to take the pressure off Jumbo and let them come out of the weekend with celebration wins for both Moreno and Sep to equal Tinkoff's win total to date!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Col de l'Ospedale tomorrow, Pinot the only 'big hitter' and he's in good form...
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Col de l'Ospedale tomorrow, Pinot the only 'big hitter' and he's in good form...

Could you *please* stop trying to jinx my men? Thanks.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy wrote:
    Col de l'Ospedale tomorrow, Pinot the only 'big hitter' and he's in good form...

Could you *please* stop trying to jinx my men? Thanks.

Sorry. I'll post again next time he's racing praising all his rivals