Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Channel 5 Owe Me a New TV

arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Posts

  • byke68byke68 Posts: 1,070
    I'm sure they make those type of programmes just to wind people up. It certainly works with me!
    Any remember the Romanian who came over here so he could get benefits to do his home up back in Romania?
    Cannondale Trail 6 - censored brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,201
    Look at the programme title.
    Look at the description.
    Ask yourself "Will I enjoy this?"
    Answer "No." Look at next programme.

    And so on. Switch the TV off.

    Works for me every time.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,021
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,903
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    @Sa0 - Does that mean she's a clunt?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,903
    ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?

    :)
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,021
    ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
    Is this his work cherry you're talking about?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
    Is this his work cherry you're talking about?

    Whatever floats your boat.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,903
    ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
    Is this his work cherry you're talking about?

    Whatever floats your boat.

    Stevo will ensure it isn't taxing
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    What?? Getting Arran to do all the work?
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    matthew h wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin

    Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
    Is this his work cherry you're talking about?

    Whatever floats your boat.

    Stevo will ensure it isn't taxing

    People who live in glass houses need extra heating at this time of year = more benefits - even though gas price is falling.
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Turn on
    Tune in
    Switch off
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Turn on
    Tune in
    Switch off
    Log on

    FTFY
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,446
    arran77 wrote:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    And that is the difference between 'us' and 'them', I'm pleased to be called a snob.


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,457 Lives Here
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    And that is the difference between 'us' and 'them', I'm pleased to be called a snob.
    This is true. I've heard people in here saying they are leaving because they could get more on the dole. I've also heard people say they could get more, but would rather work.
    But the main thing is, why on earth would you watch such utter sh!te?
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    veronese68 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    And that is the difference between 'us' and 'them', I'm pleased to be called a snob.
    This is true. I've heard people in here saying they are leaving because they could get more on the dole. I've also heard people say they could get more, but would rather work.
    But the main thing is, why on earth would you watch such utter sh!te?

    Not sure to be honest :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.

    Come on over to the Blue side.
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    This is like Circus TV isn't it.

    I keep find myself watching the 'undateables' and then asking myself why.

    It's so cruel. The programme is basically poking fun at people with learning disabilities and making entertainment.

    and I watch it ... shame on me ... I'll be chasing midgets next... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,021
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.
    Have to agree with you there Arran.

    What's your view on people who do nothing at work and get paid for it? :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:

    In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

    I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.
    Have to agree with you there Arran.

    What's your view on people who do nothing at work and get paid for it? :wink:

    :lol:

    It's all relative really :wink:

    I suspect that you get rewarded well for working hard, me, I get rewarded sufficiently for what I do :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,755
    Why are you wasting good electricity on watching this cr4p? When you could experience the real thing and hang out at your local Tesco or Asda on a Friday evening.
    Take a gander at the carpark and you realise that there are still MK1 Mondeos and Cavaliers capable of hauling off half a dozen crates of Heineken and Carling Black Label.
    You get to see in the flesh people called Chardonnay and Diesel.
    You can enjoy the fleshy delights of the frozen desert freezer cabinets. Where severely overweight young mothers, who have spent half an hour lying flat on a bed with legs in air to pull on cheap size 10 black leggings, are cramming the free space of their trolleys full of 3 for 2 Vianettas and fat free fozen yogurt (just to ease their conscience). The rest of the trolley being occupied by their kids, smearing the dog 5hit on the bottom of their shoes on to the wire frame. Ready for the next unsuspecting shopper.
    I look around me and sometimes think... 'Eugenics and Sterilisation'... 'Is it really such a bad idea?'

    My wife works at the local GPs, and we sometimes beef at the 6 figure salary some of the doctors pull in. But then I console myself, that said doctors on occasions have to do some gynecology examination on these creatures. And my lower paid job doesn't seem so bad.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • eric_draveneric_draven Posts: 1,173
    Mr Goo wrote:
    My wife works at the local GPs, and we sometimes beef at the 6 figure salary some of the doctors pull in. But then I console myself, that said doctors on occasions have to do some gynecology examination on these creatures. And my lower paid job doesn't seem so bad.

    You don't need to be a doctor or a gynecologist to work out what they are
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,755
    Mr Goo wrote:
    My wife works at the local GPs, and we sometimes beef at the 6 figure salary some of the doctors pull in. But then I console myself, that said doctors on occasions have to do some gynecology examination on these creatures. And my lower paid job doesn't seem so bad.

    You don't need to be a doctor or a gynecologist to work out what they are

    Duh! Its not to work out what they are. Its the thought of looking for the bits on a human/walrus hybrid with leg in stirrups and having to throw flour to work out where to start that makes me shudder. And don't even think of the hygiene issues? UHHHHH!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • crescentcrescent Posts: 1,088
    RideOnTime wrote:
    This is like Circus TV isn't it.

    I keep find myself watching the 'undateables' and then asking myself why.

    It's so cruel. The programme is basically poking fun at people with learning disabilities and making entertainment.

    and I watch it ... shame on me ... I'll be chasing midgets next... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

    I would have to disagree. Initially, i thought it would be exactly as you described but I actually think it handles the subject very sensitively. I have a son with Asperger's (often described as mild autism) and my wife and I constantly worry about how he will make his way in the world when he struggles socially. It is interesting and a little comforting to know that agencies are there to help people who struggle with social norms. When you watch the programme from that perspective it does not feel cruel in any way. Admittedly, I haven't watched any of the latest series but I would be extremely disappointed if it had degenerated into mocking people.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Bianchi Impulso
    BMC Teammachine

    “When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells
    Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,021
    arran77 wrote:
    It's all relative really :wink:

    I suspect that you get rewarded well for working hard, me, I get rewarded sufficiently for what I do :P
    I bet your hourly rate is really quite good :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.