Channel 5 Owe Me a New TV

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    I'm sure they make those type of programmes just to wind people up. It certainly works with me!
    Any remember the Romanian who came over here so he could get benefits to do his home up back in Romania?
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Look at the programme title.
    Look at the description.
    Ask yourself "Will I enjoy this?"
    Answer "No." Look at next programme.

And so on. Switch the TV off.

Works for me every time.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    arran77 wrote:
    Because I've just broken mine throwing things at it while watching the bone idle feckers on 'Benefits: 19 Kids and Counting' :evil:
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

To be fair to Arran, he's still a virgin
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    @Sa0 - Does that mean she's a clunt?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Do yo want to "break him in" or "take his cherry"?
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

:)
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Is this his work cherry you're talking about?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Whatever floats your boat.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Stevo will ensure it isn't taxing
  • ballysmate
    What?? Getting Arran to do all the work?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    matthew h wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Stevo will ensure it isn't taxing

People who live in glass houses need extra heating at this time of year = more benefits - even though gas price is falling.
  • RideOnTime
    Turn on
    Tune in
    Switch off
  • ballysmate
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Turn on
    Tune in
    Switch off
    Log on

FTFY
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    arran77 wrote:

In all seriousness I couldn't live like those people do, I guess it's the way you get brought up but I just couldn't take all that from the state and see it as my right.

And that is the difference between 'us' and 'them', I'm pleased to be called a snob.

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

And that is the difference between 'us' and 'them', I'm pleased to be called a snob.
    This is true. I've heard people in here saying they are leaving because they could get more on the dole. I've also heard people say they could get more, but would rather work.
    But the main thing is, why on earth would you watch such utter sh!te?
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

This is true. I've heard people in here saying they are leaving because they could get more on the dole. I've also heard people say they could get more, but would rather work.
    But the main thing is, why on earth would you watch such utter sh!te?

Not sure to be honest :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I don't normally do politics but the conservatives are talking a lot of sense when they say they want to cap benefits so its not so attractive to be on them.

Come on over to the Blue side.
  • RideOnTime
    This is like Circus TV isn't it.

I keep find myself watching the 'undateables' and then asking myself why.

It's so cruel. The programme is basically poking fun at people with learning disabilities and making entertainment.

and I watch it ... shame on me ... I'll be chasing midgets next... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Have to agree with you there Arran.

What's your view on people who do nothing at work and get paid for it? :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Have to agree with you there Arran.

What's your view on people who do nothing at work and get paid for it? :wink:

:lol:

It's all relative really :wink:

I suspect that you get rewarded well for working hard, me, I get rewarded sufficiently for what I do :P

seanoconn
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Why are you wasting good electricity on watching this cr4p? When you could experience the real thing and hang out at your local Tesco or Asda on a Friday evening.
    Take a gander at the carpark and you realise that there are still MK1 Mondeos and Cavaliers capable of hauling off half a dozen crates of Heineken and Carling Black Label.
    You get to see in the flesh people called Chardonnay and Diesel.
    You can enjoy the fleshy delights of the frozen desert freezer cabinets. Where severely overweight young mothers, who have spent half an hour lying flat on a bed with legs in air to pull on cheap size 10 black leggings, are cramming the free space of their trolleys full of 3 for 2 Vianettas and fat free fozen yogurt (just to ease their conscience). The rest of the trolley being occupied by their kids, smearing the dog 5hit on the bottom of their shoes on to the wire frame. Ready for the next unsuspecting shopper.
    I look around me and sometimes think... 'Eugenics and Sterilisation'... 'Is it really such a bad idea?'

My wife works at the local GPs, and we sometimes beef at the 6 figure salary some of the doctors pull in. But then I console myself, that said doctors on occasions have to do some gynecology examination on these creatures. And my lower paid job doesn't seem so bad.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Mr Goo wrote:
    My wife works at the local GPs, and we sometimes beef at the 6 figure salary some of the doctors pull in. But then I console myself, that said doctors on occasions have to do some gynecology examination on these creatures. And my lower paid job doesn't seem so bad.

You don't need to be a doctor or a gynecologist to work out what they are
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mr Goo wrote:

You don't need to be a doctor or a gynecologist to work out what they are

Duh! Its not to work out what they are. Its the thought of looking for the bits on a human/walrus hybrid with leg in stirrups and having to throw flour to work out where to start that makes me shudder. And don't even think of the hygiene issues? UHHHHH!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    RideOnTime wrote:
    This is like Circus TV isn't it.

I keep find myself watching the 'undateables' and then asking myself why.

It's so cruel. The programme is basically poking fun at people with learning disabilities and making entertainment.

and I watch it ... shame on me ... I'll be chasing midgets next... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would have to disagree. Initially, i thought it would be exactly as you described but I actually think it handles the subject very sensitively. I have a son with Asperger's (often described as mild autism) and my wife and I constantly worry about how he will make his way in the world when he struggles socially. It is interesting and a little comforting to know that agencies are there to help people who struggle with social norms. When you watch the programme from that perspective it does not feel cruel in any way. Admittedly, I haven't watched any of the latest series but I would be extremely disappointed if it had degenerated into mocking people.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    It's all relative really :wink:

I suspect that you get rewarded well for working hard, me, I get rewarded sufficiently for what I do :P
    I bet your hourly rate is really quite good :)