Planet X Bike Shoes

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dilatory wrote:
    Maybe me being a bit of a dick but I wouldn't want £160 shoes that have PlanetX plastered on the side when you can get Bont etc. It's the same as the expensive Boardman bikes. They look nice and brilliant spec etc but at the £4,000 mark I'd be a bit sad about having a Boardman...

But at least the PX shoes should easily be better finished than Bonts which from what I've seen of them appear to have their factory in a primary school! Perhaps Bont wasn't the best comparison but I partly see where you are coming from! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    leodis75 wrote:
    Lets hope the quality is better than the usual junk PX dishes out from China.

In fairness most brands dish out stuff from China. Planet-X stuff I've had seems as good as anything else.
  • I'm in the market for new road shoes to go with my Speedplay Zero pedals, I was all set to buy some bont vaypors or the blitz until I saw the Planet X 365X Pro Carbon Vernice Road Shoes. I'm now at a loss as which to get :(
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    IShaggy wrote:
    PX acquired Carnac last year. Coincidence? Probably.

The shoes look good though. Just need a few good reviews and a 50% off promotion and I might be tempted.

Does this help? Ukstaff20-craigdrummond :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    leodis75 wrote:
    Bib shorts and gloves have been perfect for a good 3 years now. Tops are good quality but weird sizes.

Also have one of their track jackets that is still going really strong 2 years on.

Utterly appalling customer service though .....l
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Philly8mt wrote:
    IShaggy wrote:

The shoes look good though. Just need a few good reviews and a 50% off promotion and I might be tempted.

That brings them down to £128. They'll sell shedloads.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Philly8mt wrote:
    IShaggy wrote:

That does not seem to work, does anyone have a new one please
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,888
    pastryboy wrote:
    leodis75 wrote:

In fairness most brands dish out stuff from China. Planet-X stuff I've had seems as good as anything else.

I don't have a lot of Planet X stuff, but the bib shorts I use for training, are excellent, and were something silly like £17 each. Their socks, and winter socks are also superb, and generally a bargain.

I ordered one base layer, but the cut was really strange, so that went back.

Ordered the above with a White fizik saddle, only for the White Fizik saddle to be White with a big black stripe down the middle.
    E-mailed them, and got zero response - so I rang them, and the chap I spoke to was REALLY friendly, and helpful, and agreed it did not match up the description, and that they would cover the cost of return.
    I sent them back via collect+, and my only observation is that there was no automated e-mail to let me know I had been refunded, but looking on my account they refunded the money the day after they received the item.

I think I have read on here before that if you want a response with Planet X, ring don't e-mail.

Their shoes do not appeal to me on the face of it, either at that price or half that to be honest, I know that Diadora, Specialized and Mavic shoes fit me well, and can be nabbed on offer for around the £100 mark or less, so won't be changing anytime soon.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18