Physio in the North East

pirnie
pirnie Posts: 242
Hi, apologies if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it with the search function.

I've been having some knee trouble on the bike and after a few weeks off it's not going away, so I've decided it's probably best to seek out a physio. Does anyone have any recommendation for someone in the north east (I'm based in Durham, but am prepared to travel a bit) who knows their stuff with cycling injuries?

Cheers!

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    edited January 2015
    Neville Martin is the go to guy on bike fit in the area - he's based in Team Valley. Although I think you're better off going to see your GP?

Do you mean that a few weeks off the bike it's not going away or you're still cycling? As I had knee trouble and a bike fit sorted that - although it then gave me back trouble!
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    I used Drew Coverdale at Norton Physio & Sports Injury Clinic. He was just starting out when I saw him but now has more sites. Drew wasn't cycling specific but was very good. It might be worth asking them if any have cycling experience.

http://www.activephysiocare.co.uk/clinics

You could also ask on the Cycle Development Nort East - CDNE facebook page for a recommendation. Lots of North East cyclists on there.
  • Try Mickey Mall on, former elite rider based near Newcastle. used to race with him a bit and hes a decent chap.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • pirnie
    pirnie Posts: 242
    Cheers for all the suggestions. I'll look into them :)

@markhewitt - It started on a training camp in Spain in the first week of Jan Since I got back I haven't ridden until this weekend (so 2 weeks off with no cycling) and it was still there. I don't feel it at all off the bike so I feel a bit silly going to the GP for it. I've had a bike fit previously and nothing has moved since then. It's also happened on 2 different bikes and 3 pairs of shoes so I'm not sure it's fit related, but I'll definitely think about it.
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    Hi, try John Dennis at physiohaus in Jesmond, hes got a good rep and his C.V. speaks for itself!
  • pirnie wrote:
    Cheers for all the suggestions. I'll look into them :)

@markhewitt - It started on a training camp in Spain in the first week of Jan Since I got back I haven't ridden until this weekend (so 2 weeks off with no cycling) and it was still there. I don't feel it at all off the bike so I feel a bit silly going to the GP for it. I've had a bike fit previously and nothing has moved since then. It's also happened on 2 different bikes and 3 pairs of shoes so I'm not sure it's fit related, but I'll definitely think about it.

Cool, that's what I thought you meant. I had knee trouble and it was just simply down to my saddle being too high. It did persist off the bike but only for a short while, nothing like two weeks.
  • nicube
    nicube Posts: 175
    I've used these a couple of times now through work when I've been injured, can't speak highly enough and on the door step :)

http://www.theoldpitpractice.co.uk/
    LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
    LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
    LOOK 595 105
    Cinelli Zydeco