The home made thread

2»

Comments

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXQK4VOpSY0

Using a demijohn bung with a hole through it saves drilling the rubber spacer.

(Not my video/idea, I just found it)
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    submers wrote:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXQK4VOpSY0

Using a demijohn bung with a hole through it saves drilling the rubber spacer.

(Not my video/idea, I just found it)

That's very good...I'll be in the garage.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Mkay I have another really simple project which I've been meaning to do for ages but now I have a real need.

If you've ever ridden a long event like 8-14 hours in changeable weather like say the marmotte or a summer uk sportive then you've most likely started out early in the cold ridden all day until it get hot then you need to squeeze gloves arm/leg warmers and perhaps even a few extra layers into your already packed jersey pockets.

Before anyone suggests rucksack, caddice or bar bag ...just NO! #rules

But what would be useful is a smallish strap to hold a few items securely under the saddle.

Simple solution would be pair of pod straps with an additional loop in the middle to stop it slipping and a little Velcro's

http://www.podsacs.com/i/q/CCPSP/pod-strap-pair
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Mkay I have another really simple project which I've been meaning to do for ages but now I have a real need.

If you've ever ridden a long event like 8-14 hours in changeable weather like say the marmotte or a summer uk sportive then you've most likely started out early in the cold ridden all day until it get hot then you need to squeeze gloves arm/leg warmers and perhaps even a few extra layers into your already packed jersey pockets.

Before anyone suggests rucksack, caddice or bar bag ...just NO! #rules

But what would be useful is a smallish strap to hold a few items securely under the saddle.

Simple solution would be pair of pod straps with an additional loop in the middle to stop it slipping and a little Velcro's

http://www.podsacs.com/i/q/CCPSP/pod-strap-pair

Or just use a saddle bag with a strap on the bottom? I have 2.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    meh
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    the BOFF, I have magicshine lights as well, and brought the big water bottle battery you can get for them, never had an issue with the batteries and now there is a new y splitter for the new and old lights to join together its great. Only issue i had is with the rear magicshines, seems after a month of my constant using the twisting motion to set the lights kept rubbing the wire to bare metal until they frayed so much they stopped working.

You can still operate the light with a magnet
  • itboffin
    bizarre
  • itboffin
    Straps arrived, nice jazz!