Forum home BikeRadar team Discuss the website with the team

Problems Since the Maintenance

arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
Since the site maintenance, when I go to post a reply in a thread, I press 'submit' and nothing happens other than the spinning progress circle going round and round in the browser toolbar but no post ever seems to appear.

If you then press 'preview' the message does preview at the top of the screen but it's also at the bottom of the screen as it did submit the previous time!!

You then hit the back arrow on the browser and all is well :?
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
«1

Posts

  • nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    Hopefully it is just things syncing and getting up to speed but it has been noted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Is the search function working? It seems to be timing out on me all the time.
  • FELTZ95FELTZ95 Posts: 90
    Search not working for me either
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    When replying to a thread I keep getting a Gateway (502 or 504) error, if I do a resubmit I end up with a double post, judging by the number of double posts I'm not the only one!

    Firefox 34.0.5 on a Laptop running Windows 7 Pro SP1
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,550
    The Rookie wrote:
    When replying to a thread I keep getting a Gateway (502 or 504) error, if I do a resubmit I end up with a double post, judging by the number of double posts I'm not the only one!

    Firefox 34.0.5 on a Laptop running Windows 7 Pro SP1

    Me too - iPad running Safari
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • ...
    why is this here?
  • ...
    why is this here?
  • ...
    why is this here?
  • ChrisChris Posts: 81 QA
    Thanks folks - getting that here too and we are looking into it as we speak.
  • mfinmfin Posts: 6,724
    Since yesterday, when a post is edited and saved, there is spinning but the page never goes back to the revised published post. (Manually navigating back shows the edit has taken effect though).
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nicklouse wrote:
    Hopefully it is just things syncing and getting up to speed but it has been noted.

    Still happening this morning :?
    mfin wrote:
    Since yesterday, when a post is edited and saved, there is spinning but the page never goes back to the revised published post. (Manually navigating back shows the edit has taken effect though).

    Sounds the same as I described.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Also getting it here. I think Windows 7 Pro and IE11

    Edit: I hit post on here, then I got the loading thing in the address bar but page did nothing. The links on the page still worked, so I clicked back to "Discuss the website with the team" link at the top of the page. Said last post was by me, but that the thread was unread.

    I think have also been unsubscribed from all my threads
  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    -Search does not work

    -When you post, it hangs then gives a 502 error, but the post has actually been posted correctly. People naturally assume not so click again, hence the multiple dupe posts we are observing

    -When you post yourself, then go the main section, you can see your post show up as 'unread', which it never did before
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ChrisChris Posts: 81 QA
    Hi everyone,

    The Search function not working is one we're working on now as well - should be fixed in the next few hours.

    Sorry for any inconvenience.

    Chris
  • nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    looks like search is fixed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    and posting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,405 Lives Here
    Thank you for fixing the posting, that was getting boring very quickly.
  • Antm81Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    No email notifications for subscribed threads since the update. They're still listed as subscribed in the control panel though.
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nicklouse wrote:
    and posting.

    Result :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • ilovedirtilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    In order to log in, I have to hit "log in" (nothing happens) and then back to the forum and hit "register" where it logs me in. I tried just hitting "register" and nothing happens, I have to hit "log in" first.
    Using Chrome on a Mac running Yosemite.
    Production Privee Shan

    B'Twin Triban 5
  • VelonutterVelonutter Posts: 4,749 Lives Here
    I had a problem logging off and then on again yesterday.

    Logged off fine but then when came to log on there was no response, literally nothing happened

    After repeated trying it, it finally accepted my login.

    FF 35.0 Windows 8.1
  • apreadingapreading Posts: 4,532
    Antm81 wrote:
    No email notifications for subscribed threads since the update. They're still listed as subscribed in the control panel though.

    Check they are not in your junkmail - since the update my hotmail was doing that with them - Microsoft Smartsafe filter didnt like them any more and it took some persuading to stop doing this to them. I had to not only tell it they werent junk, add bikeradar to the safe senders list but also add bikeradar email address to my contacts - seems like I have hopefully convinced it now...
  • Antm81Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    apreading wrote:
    Antm81 wrote:
    No email notifications for subscribed threads since the update. They're still listed as subscribed in the control panel though.

    Check they are not in your junkmail - since the update my hotmail was doing that with them - Microsoft Smartsafe filter didnt like them any more and it took some persuading to stop doing this to them. I had to not only tell it they werent junk, add bikeradar to the safe senders list but also add bikeradar email address to my contacts - seems like I have hopefully convinced it now...

    Only just seen this, and I've found them in my junk (hotmail user too).
  • Not sure if maintenance related but I am having problems searching - I only seem to get a couple of weeks work of hits - a search for archetype for example and the oldest one I get is 23/1/15.

    Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • cattytown wrote:
    Not sure if maintenance related but I am having problems searching - I only seem to get a couple of weeks work of hits - a search for archetype for example and the oldest one I get is 23/1/15.

    Paul.

    Getting similar. Virtually no results returned on major search terms on any forum.
  • Search is not working properly at all.

    I have tried searching all topic titles for 'Trek', 'Cannondale' and 'Spesh' and receive comically low numbers.

    Curiously, they only return from 2015 and 2007. I'm pretty sure there was some talk of these brands in between...
  • You hit the 'LOG IN' tab. Does it allow you to log in, no it takes you to a string of Ads. Sodding typical.

    To log in you have to hit the 'Account' tab.

    Logical.

    Bloody site does not get any better.
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • samgeorgeuksamgeorgeuk Posts: 58 Lead Developer
    Hi dragonontheedge

    Yeah we know about that 'sodding helmet' and that it means nothing to anyone - so we are testing words some may see "account" or "login" or "profile".

    Once we get the best word we will stick to that.

    You may have seen my post viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=13016896 - we are working on upgrading/updating refreshing the forums.

    We are also working to disconnect the login process from the site and just have it on the forum - as it pretty stupid how it works at the moment.
  • bobbyglossbobbygloss Posts: 314
    class5700 wrote:
    Search is not working properly at all.

    I have tried searching all topic titles for 'Trek', 'Cannondale' and 'Spesh' and receive comically low numbers.

    Curiously, they only return from 2015 and 2007. I'm pretty sure there was some talk of these brands in between...
    In case anyone is interested, this ^^^ problem with the search is still happening.
Sign In or Register to comment.