Tour Down Under ****Spoilers***

13»

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Good win by Porte, 9 seconds ahead of Dennis who hangs onto the top spot by 2 seconds going into the last day.
    Evans up there again in 4th but 16 seconds back on Porte. Some big time gaps for a 3.5k climb.
  • There were Echelons!!!!!!!!!!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice! Porte looking really lean and itchy. Good job that something broke him out of auto-bot mode.

Rogers and LLS not so far. Surprised Rohan was up there.

3rd place goes to none other than my man Fernandez.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    OUCH!
    TDU92.jpg
    TDU102.jpg
    (stage 4)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Watching it now and it really is a monster power attack on the others. Looks really good, no letting up, big ring out the saddle business. Dont think I have seen him grimace like that before.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    gsk82 wrote:
    do wheels often come off in crashes like the katusha guy's on the jeremy roy video?

I watched this closely too because it looked so strange. I was undecided as to whether the wheel came out or if the fork just snapped outright. Personally I'd be more surprised if the wheel came out than if it snapped, given the speed and forces involved.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Fork snapped. I imagine the wheel got stuck on something - pedal/handlebars or summat - causing the forks to shear.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Are there any normal TV channels showing any TDU?
    Sky Sports

Otherwise there's a (legal) live stream from Aussie TV: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8785996

Worth watching to make one more appreciative of Kirby and Eurosport, when they emerge from their Winter hibernation.

Watching P&P makes you appreciate Kirby all the more.

Those idiots get worse by the day.

Why does anyone pay for their drivel any more?
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Watching it now and it really is a monster power attack on the others. Looks really good, no letting up, big ring out the saddle business. Dont think I have seen him grimace like that before.

Just watched this on YT, and as he kicked for the 3rd time to drop Rohan, I thought to myself: "Wonder what FF will be thinking of this..."
  • Nice 4th place GC for 'my man' Dumoulin
  • frenchfighter
    Nice win for that youngster. Pretty poor race imo compared to last year but I suppose it is the first race of the year. Nice to see Evans on the podium. Think they should scrap the time bonuses for this race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    There were Echelons!!!!!!!!!!

Is it going back over the coverage to watch them? Looks like a bunch of Astana, BMC an FDJ...surprised they got pulled back.

TDU125.jpg
    TDU84.jpg

---
    TDU34.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Look at the vein on his right inside leg and then at his arm. The boy looks in fabulous condition. Bring on the pain game Richie.

TDU44.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest

• I think thats newbie LeGac for Fdj - he's got stuck in from the gun and got a lot of pace France didn't have junior world champions for 30 years plus?? then 3 in almost succession and all the Le's!
    Johan Le Bon
    Olivier Le Gac
    Pierre-Henri Lecuisinier
    plus a second Arnaud Démare !
  • frenchfighter
    Kenny de Haes. Check his hand.

tumblr_nimv5knkEK1r4o0yso1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest