Tour Down Under ****Spoilers***

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    @albertocontador · Jan 20
    Here the most special victory of my whole career more than Tours,Giros or Vueltas...In Australia after my illness
    B7zQrlsCcAEYJs0.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited January 2015
    delete
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited January 2015
    delete
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    delete

nb. due to your forum malfunctioning
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Are there any normal TV channels showing any TDU?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • Are there any normal TV channels showing any TDU?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    GiantDance wrote:
    Are there any normal TV channels showing any TDU?
    Sky Sports

Otherwise there's a (legal) live stream from Aussie TV: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8785996
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Sky Sports

Otherwise there's a (legal) live stream from Aussie TV: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8785996

Worth watching to make one more appreciative of Kirby and Eurosport, when they emerge from their Winter hibernation.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Sky Sports

Worth watching to make one more appreciative of Kirby and Eurosport, when they emerge from their Winter hibernation.

Watching P&P makes you appreciate Kirby all the more.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Sky Sports

Watching P&P makes you appreciate Kirby all the more.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    GiantDance wrote:
    Sky Sports

Woke up (as I often do with Back Pains) at 2.30 am and found some geezers in loud pale blue shirts and when I got used to the dazzle, it was phil-paul and AN Other talking to Robbie McEwen off camera.
    The race was shown Live on Sky 3 I think with interviews up tp 4.30 am.
    Certainly put me into a sound sleep again.
    Kirby puts me to sleep in the daytime but I think he's on the Dakar or is it another desert race that's being run. Yawn
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    Rohan Dennis won the last stage with none other than King Cadel showing the youngsters how to turn the pedals in anger by coming in 3 seconds down.

Young star in the making Tom D came in joint with Cadel.

The strong Rogers came in 5th along with new signing Bouet for QuickStep. Porte, Haig and Pozzo in that group as well, along with......Ruben Fernandez.

Wooo, forgot to mention that talented climber who won the 2013 Tour de l'Avenir on the ones to watch thread.

Sutton last group in. Standard.

Riblon towards the end. Standard for him too...he lives his whole year solely on TdF.

Stannard only 3.35 down (3rd Team Sky rider - Geraint was 2nd in at 1.28.)

Tsgabu Grmay of Ethiopia (riding for Lampre) came in 12th, 15secs down. Sweeet show of talent for Africa.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/santos ... -3/results
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    Rohan Dennis won the last stage with none other than King Cadel showing the youngsters how to turn the pedals in anger by coming in 3 seconds down.
    Yes, I watched the repeat this morning (Note I didn't say Highlights) and saw the "Master Wheel Sucker" in action and then as you say his protégé was brought up (wheel sucker by his own words in interview) to the leading riders and from which he launched the final attack. Just like the "Master" did for 2nd place.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    deejay wrote:
    Yes, I watched the repeat this morning (Note I didn't say Highlights) and saw the "Master Wheel Sucker" in action and then as you say his protégé was brought up (wheel sucker by his own words in interview) to the leading riders and from which he launched the final attack. Just like the "Master" did for 2nd place.

So you didnt' watch it at all then, basically?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    deejay wrote:

So you didnt' watch it at all then, basically?

As far as I can make out, the 2 hours shown at 8am are exactly the same as the 2 hours at 2-30am.
    Not so for the Saturday morning showdown. Only one hour highlights, later.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    deejay wrote:

Sure you aren't watching a re-run from 2012? Valverde isn't racing this year... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Crash at the end of stage 4:

https://vine.co/v/OII61OXQen6

Sky rider in the last few frames appears to come off almost running.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Crash footage from Jeremy Roy on board camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_7pYVF664
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    That is an incredible escape for Jeremy Roy.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    That is great footage!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Nice videos.

Two our for four for UniSA. Not bad!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Lawson Craddock (Giant-Alpecin) has been left with a fractured sternum, rib and wrist after he came down heavily on stage four of the Tour Down Under. Craddock was sent into a ditch after 25 kilometres of racing when he punctured on a wide stretch of road.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-do ... thers-down
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    inseine wrote:
    Good win for NFTO

That’s a national title and stage in a World Tour race. JV must be kicking himself
  • deejay
    Sure you aren't watching a re-run from 2012? Valverde isn't racing this year... :D
    Nah, just watching his Finale as he shows that nothing has changed.
    Must admit he did try to change but his Natural style is there to the end. (didn't he do well on it)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    B8CvMeSCIAA3UPz.png

Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 · 41m41 minutes ago
    Tour down Under stage 4 recap, fast, furious, and dangerous.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    What the hell is Stannard doing?

B8AvUe9CEAA1Ijc.png
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Gangnam Style?
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Gangnam Style?

Ha ha

Roy missed it - but I think it was his team mate and new pro Manzin that caused it. Best to get these things out the way early :shock:

10847308_760790720677326_8115349229293748681_o.jpg
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    do wheels often come off in crashes like the katusha guy's on the jeremy roy video?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago