Fashion conscious roadie attire

13»

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,888
    Etxeondo all day long. It's just lovely kit.

Excellent call, the £70 Orhi bibs are my favourites, far better in fit and quality (For me and in my opinion) than Assos.
    Just to let you all know. I bought two pairs of cycling shorts from Wiggle. And they are both shiny lycra. On the site they look matt.

Does anyone know where I can get some matt cycling shorts FFS?

Have you considered e-mailing Wiggle to ask, or use their live chat facility?

Additionally they have free returns, so you could order a dozen different ones if they are unable to give you an answer.
    Same goes for CRC and Wheelies.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • This thread amuses me as what kit you wear should be decided the same way as you choose your bike. Wear what is comfortable and suitable for the conditions you are riding in. Cycling is about the riding not impressing other people or getting kudos of them. I person
    LG wear club kit mostly and the same goes for may rider I know. If you are in a club wear your club kit and stop worrying what other people think. Shorts though should always be black anything else is a bit to see through.

Glad it amuses you. Not after kudos. My club kit is whack.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Nope. Shiny like spandex. Or lycra.

Howies bib look like they might fit the bill...

Anyone tried?
    The Howies tights are non shiny and I really like the pad compared to the Lusso shorts I have. I will probably get the Howies shorts when it warms up, and possibly the 3/4s inbetween!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Ask essentially the same thing in Road General ("Less 'common' Road Cycling attire" or "Old school kit") and you get loads of good ideas but ask in here, the buying advice section, and you get a load of abuse?

Is it because he used the f word instead of trendy, stylish, different, less common, something that isn't rapha?

Anyone would think everyone here rides in Altura night vision jackets and aldi bib tights and has never thought about how their kit or bike looks.
    This thread amuses me as what kit you wear should be decided the same way as you choose your bike. Wear what is comfortable and suitable for the conditions you are riding in. Cycling is about the riding not impressing other people or getting kudos of them.

So for example you've never paused at checkout, not for a nanosecond, to think about the colour of said highly functional kit?
  • I think it's because the OP implied he was having difficulty finding shorts which weren't 'see through, gaudy and badly designed', when there has probably never been more choice in cycle clothing and virtually everything, including budget stuff like DHB offers good quality. It's really just a question of how much you want to spend and whether you want to go for 'premium' brands or not.
    In addition to the almost unlimited potential of the internet, most bike shops now stock far wider ranges of clothing than they used to- simples as they say.